Chapter 10

"Now what is it that you want now Wanda?" Wong asked, stepping right in front of them with a stern expression aimed at Wanda.

"Well first off Wong, I want to sincerely apologize for the way I acted the last time we met. I let the Darkhold corrupt me so much to where I became a monster. I never intend for that to happen again." Wanda said.

Wong remained stoic as he digested all of this information. "Um does that mean you accept the apology or that you don't accept?" Peter asked.

"What else did you come here for?" Wong asked, disregarding Peter's question all together.

"Well, it actually has something to do with the Darkhold......or its corruption I should say." Wanda said. She then took off the gloves she was wearing and then showed her fingers to Wong. He looked at the gray color on the bottom part of her fingers and looked back at Wanda. "I have a theory that the corruption is wearing off, but I don't know if it's accurate, or if it is accurate, then what has caused it to occur."

Wong's face softened slightly at the news. "You are correct. The corruption is leaving you Wanda." he said. "And it's more than likely because of what you are doing now."

"What do you mean?" Wanda asked.

"Corruption is based on self-centered thoughts. The reason you allowed the corruption to get to you before was because your thoughts were self-centered. All you cared about was being reunited with your kids. You did not care where you had to go, what you had to do.......or who you had to go through in order to get what you want. You even went as far as murdering people in other universes in order to get what you want. And you were willing to kill a girl in order to take her power for yourself." Wong said.

Wanda's eyes rested to the floor and tears threatened to roll down her face. All of those things Wong said were accurate. In all truth, she was even scared of herself for what she had done. Instinctively, Peter went and wrapped an arm around her and held her close. Wanda looked up at him and offered as much of a grateful smile as she could muster to him. He was right. She was happy he was with her right now. She didn't even wanna think how she would be if he wasn't with her now.

"You did some very self centered things Wanda. And that's why the corruption is showing on your fingers. But one way to defeat corruption.....is doing some unselfish deeds. It seems like that's what you have been doing. Whatever it is you're doing, it's causing the corruption to melt away." Wong continued.

Wanda looked at Wong again and got lost in her thoughts again. What was she doing that caused the corruption to melt away? What unselfish deeds was she committing to?

"Well that makes sense." Peter said, drawing Wanda's attention. "You've been helping people at the FEAST shelter. You saved me from the lizard. And you've been helping.......Spider-Man......stop some crime. Those are some pretty unselfish deeds."

"Yes." Wong said. "The more of that you do, the more you will free yourself of the Darkhold's corruption. But the more self-centered actions you do.....the more the corruption will return."

"Good to know." Wanda commented. "Thank you." Wong only nodded his head, with the hard expression still evident on his face.

"Where's Stephen?" Peter asked, looking around the Sanctum. Wong looked at Peter.

"Dr. Strange is not here. He's busy handling an incursion that he caused." Wong said.

"An incursion? What's that?" Peter asked.

"It's when a world gets destroyed based on the actions of an individual from anther universe. Strange caused an incursion for dream-walking while trying to stop you." Wong said, looking at Wanda again, who winced. Clearly she had done more damaged then she realized. She hoped that she didn't cause an incursion. "So now he's left to go and fix it."