Chapter 11. " Its him"

Annabeth's eyes widened and she jumped down from her bed. She looked down the window, it seemed like him. She shifted to her left to get a better look, her shoulder touched with Emmalyn and she moved away. He was there, outside her house. He had a guitar slung across his shoulder, he checked off nearly every item in her ideal boyfriend list, which was hanging above her head. She glanced at Emmalyn, she didn't seem to notice that, she was busy staring at the boy.

Annabeth felt a pang of jealousy, of course, Emmalyn liked him. She could never compete with a girl like Emmalyn. Emmalyn was perfect and she was not. The first boy she ever likes, Emmalyn likes him too. "Is that-" Emmalyn started. "My brother. Duck" Annabeth pulled her down. Their faces were inches apart, eyes wide and lips parted. It was the closest they had ever been. None moved, not wanting to break the moment. When Annabeth realized her hand was still on Emmalyn's wrist. "I am sorry" she let go and stood up.

Emmalyn fixed her hair, standing up when she saw him, Annabeth saw her wave at him, but she stayed behind the window. Should she even try to win him or should she let her have it? No, she won't let her win, not this time she appeared and he was gone. She internally groaned, was it the fates? and how did Alex know him?

Emmalyn sat on the bed when her smile grew. Annabeth felt her blood run cold, she had seen it. Emmalyn looked between her and the list hanging. Annabeth made a run for it but Emmalyn was faster, she held away with her hands-on Annabeth's shoulders. Annabeth stepped back, looking at Emmalyn's face.

"Don't Em" the words fell before she could stop, "Em?" Emmalyn asked " I like it, I could get used to it, what should I call you Anne, Annie, Beth, or how about Liv or Livy, no Liv is better, from Olivia, your middle name?" she said. The name didn't sound strange on her lips, maybe she could get used to it. She had be used to the Ice Queen, she knew the about the list, the list she kept a secret for years was now seen by the only person she didn't want to see.

"How did you even know my middle name, I don't know yours?" she asked. Emmalyn looked at her "Sweetheart, we have had nearly every class together until sophomore year and now I know a lot of things about you like your name is Annabeth Olivia Reed, you are 5'4 like to say you are 5'5 when you are clearly not. You like ice creams, puppies, and chocolates, you take caffeine like it's your oxygen. Your favorite season is summer and seeing your room, your favorite color is white" she finished in a single breath.

Annabeth's mouth stayed open when she pulled out the list from the wall and placed it right in front of her. "You know that is stalkerish Cole," Annabeth said. "That is just called paying attention, and I clearly pay a lot of attention to you than you do to me," she said. Annabeth decided in these weeks she would definitely know some facts about Emmalyn Cole that most people didn't know or ignored. "Now, explain it I want to know more about you, like your hobbies, what you like or dislike, what makes you happy or sad. I want to know it all" she said.

"Why?" was all Anne could say. "See, you seem to dislike me and I don't dislike you as much, I do think you are a bit standoffish and know it all and a tad bit arrogant" Annabeth raised her eyebrows. "You are sweetheart, let's face it, and I really want to get to know you, be friends. I just think you are an interesting person to get to know." she said. That was the best compliment she had received, people called her smart, brilliant, and even pretty this year but never interesting.

"So, a puzzle?" Anne asked. "Absolutely," Emmalyn sat up straighter, "See, how about these weeks you are teaching me, we get to know each other better. In two years we will be leaving Rosewood High forever, I think we should leave this rivalry between us behind." she said. Anne considered it, "Do you talk this much?" she asked, "well, only with those whom I find interesting enough." Annabeth rolled her eyes. "See we are already making progress, you are noticing my habits now lets start with this." she pointed to the paper in front of her. "Fine, you do know you frustrate me incredibly right Cole? " Annabeth asked and then finally gave in.