Tell me about your past - VI

sorry about the lack of updates but I have finally finished a my exams so back to dreaming of these two! this chapter is only about 1.5k words :(

Sephine wondered into Julia's office, as she did so her eyes travelled gently across every surface, the damp stone walls and its poorly decorated interior. She didn't know what to do or say when she entered and so she stood calm in the rooms centre and stared awkwardly at the roof and into the artificial light. Like a moth attracted to a bulb.

Julia closed the door and walked up to the girl. "Please have a seat" the red head gestured to the large psychiatrists chair which was acompanied by a smaller black leather chair paired next to it.

Sephine nodded and approached the chair though while still scanning the rather plain room with her curious eyes, Julia took note of her inspectful nature and smiled.

"So" began Julia when they were both seated, josephine's dress draped off the sides of the chair like a waterfall. "Lets start with your old life, tell me, what was it like?"

Josephine stared aimlessly upwards and fiddled with the small gold ring on her index finger "well, I was nice I suppose. I grew up in a big house, I was part of a wealthy family who owned many coal mines across the country. I never had a mother, my father died just before I" she paused

Julia hastily took notes on a small notepad like this was some police interview. She could see the recollection was hard for her.

"B, became a. Vampire." Sephine made eye contact with Julia who nodded "and um when father died I was supposed to be married off. To this man" she said man with such an air of hate that made Julia's ears prick with curiosity.

"Go on"

"I hated that I had to marry him, to be truthful. But I had a friend. Anne was her name. and she saved me from marrying him. Everyone thought her odd but I didn't care, she would stay with me late at night and we would talk for hours. She was like no one I had ever met" sephine smiled so brightly when she spoke of her "but one day, our relationship became unnatural we got, too close "

She stopped suddenly and looked up at Julia with fear. She thought it best not to say anymore, she could get in trouble, they would think her unnatural. She would be shamed.

"Don't worry, you can say whatever you like" Julia placed her notepad down to focus on Sephine, the pen rolled off the side of the table and hit the ground.

"Anne, wanted more. she tried to." Sephine hesitated "she tried to kiss me. Multiple times. And each time I refused! Of course I did, I didn't give into her temptation. I am not a sinner."

Sephine was shaking at this point. Julia placed her hand atop of the girls who didn't shy away this time. "Josephine. Its okay. I won't judge you if you loved her" Julia tried to assure Josephine who shot her a look that she couldn't quite read. "Its not wrong anymore. I mean, it never was but they can't hurt you anymore if you, did love her. It's legal now, is what I'm tying to say. Even if not everyone accepts it"

Josephine embraced the touch of their two hands and smiled "the more I think about it I wonder." She quietened her voice "and over these years I have come to the conclusion that, well, I did love her."

No one said anything for a minute, the whole world stood still as Josephine, despite knowing it had never dared to repeat her guilt aloud before.

"Don't worry" began Julia after giving Sephine the time to breathe "I won't tell anybody. Patient confidentiality and all that"

Sephines eyes wondered up to Julias. Their hands still touching. Smiling, her face told Julia that she was grateful, that this moment had almost given her some strange closure from the past.