glasses of blood

sorry for not updating for almost a month. took a break because I have a lot of school work but I just love writing this story so much!!

Julia sighed at the girls harsh mood and placed a hand on her shoulder, then stared deep into her eyes as if hoping to see her thoughts. Sephine's face flashed even redder, which most would claim impossible after she already was rather flustered. So she avoided eye contact with the redhead. Julia cleared her throat, removed her hand from the girl's shoulder and pulled out a chair from the table, she sat down and beckoned for Sephine to do the same.

Josephine fiddled with her hands nervously and her eyes searched the room, as if someone was going to catch them; she didn't really know why as they weren't doing anything wrong. Julia saw her expression and looked at Josephines anxious mood as if to say, stop being so silly and sit down! Hastily Sephine pulled the chair that was opposite from Julia out and collapsed into it like an annoyed child.

The warm glow of the lamp lit up their faces in a slight awkward silence for a few seconds, Sephine was still ignoring Julias stare and held the stare at her hands in the light. Josephine felt strange around Julia, her hands became sweaty, her breathing was fast along with her heartbeat and she felt awfully nauseous: Sephine licked her chapped lips before returning her eyes bravely back too Julia.

"Do you always wear black?" Asked the doctor other suddenly so that the girl was taken back by her blunt questioning, she still stared her down, her eyes demanded answers.

Sephine stuttered as she thought of answer "hm well, I, I suppose that I'm sort of, I guess, mourning-"

"Mourning who?" Julia shot back rather quickly

"Well, I suppose I mourning the human of myself, now that I'm this monster"

Julia folded her arms on top of the obscene book on the table. She thought the Sephine's emotions were rather silly and that she was rather strange even for someone of her time. "Why on earth would you not want to vampire dear?" She exclaimed the word vampire with a great grandeur and elegance that implied being a vampire was similar to being respected and high of class; which was exactly what Julia thought.

"I can never love, I always dreamed of it you see" Sephine began to explain her points and Julia thought that it was a silly thing to say, there were plenty of vampires and Julia found Sephine rather likeable. Similarly Julia thought maybe she could love Sephine, and sephine maybe could love her back: but that thought was very quickly pushed aside and Julia scolded herself for being so silly.

Josephine carried on "oh how I used to love nature, gardens, mountains rivers. They always looked so pretty under the sun, but the sun doesn't really like me unless I'm draped in material" she became rather saddened by talking like this with Julia and overcome with such regret and emotion a single tear flowed gently down her porcelain complexion.

Sympathetically, Julia reached a hand across the table and placed it on Josephines. This made her look away in shock and embarrassment, so much so that the younger Vampire continued talking to try and distract herself and Julia, noticing this took her hand away.

"The worst of it all" she began again, wiping away her tear "the killing" she uttered the word and all of a sudden it was like a million memories flashing back and a fleet of wet tears streamed down her face like a melting avalanche of pain. Josephine broke down and stopped talking.

The sight was so sad and Julias heart broke at once, in the heat of the moment she stood up, walked over to the girl, sat on the seat next to her and hugged her tight all the while wishing that she could take all of her pain and feel it for her. They sat that way for a few seconds, comfortably acknowledging each others silence before sephine pulled away. Not out of fear or or the strange feeling she felt with this woman but because she felt comfortable now speaking to Julia and felt like there were so many things she wanted to get off of her chest.