Ch.1 Not Needed

School sucks and doesn't even make up for it. 'Go to college and make a good living' they say, 'Stay in school to get more education. My mom listen to these lies, and now she's working as an underpaid nurse, has two kids, and has no husband to help out. Under these circumstances, I've learned things rather quickly by myself. For example, school is stupid! Kids are predators and high school is the jungle, it's anarchy in here! People want to know how I get into so many fights, it's because these kids are monsters!!!

    Jack says it will all get better after freshmen year, but I don't know how that is supposed to happen. He's got it all made with a job and a brand new motorcycle that Mom let him keep. He even gets to hang out with his friends all day, every day of the week! -sigh- maybe I'm just jealous. At least now he'll finally leave me alone.

    Though, the others kids need to learn a lesson about it. They need to know that if you mess with Dan, you get hit with the pan. That's just what I did to 'poor' Maxwell. The dude was asking for it! He was smarting off to the teacher, and making a huge deal for not being able to go to the bathroom! If I had it my way, he would be the one now in the office.

    "Daniella." The Principle came into the nurse's office with a frown on his face," Your mother's here." His voice was monotone, and his face remained expressionless as I walked past him. This will be a fun ride home, talking to Mom right after I had a fight. Just how I like it.

    I walk out of the school with beige-colored walls, the perfect color for this school. Bland color for bland people teaching kids on how to be bland. Except for that one girl. What was her name, Miko, right? She's a grade above me so...

    I rolled my eyes as I step out of the entrance to the school, Mom brought the ambulance again. I don't blame her, since I'm getting sent home during her shift. The vehicles in the parking lot had the vibe that they were looking at me, treating me as if I killed someone. I could see Mom's face be full of worry as she checked out my black eye. Not to compliment the guy, but he has a good punching hand.

    I took a deep breath as I stepped into the parking lot, thing would be empty in a few minutes with Seniors getting to leave early. The ambulance seemed so far away, but I got there in a matter of minutes. I opened the door and accepted my fate as I sat down in the passenger seat.

    "Danny, what have we talked about fighting" Mom sighed, she pressed the gas in a stressful manner making me jerk forward," I don't know what to do! You are getting into fights all the time, and I just can't take off work to come and get you!"

She sighed as she stopped her yelling. Well, Mom doesn't really yell, she more of just gets firm with me and Jack. However, she was not wrong, this was my 5th fight of this semester and we are not even half done with it already!

"I know Mom, why do you think the fight was towards the end of the day." I joked, but I don't think she got the memo as she never replied.

"Let's just get home and fix your eye." Mom sighed, and I don't hate her for it. I made her get off work, made her come here, and made her deal with my injury. The weight of the guilt finally came down on my shoulders, but I knew I would shake it off in a few hours. Dave said he had a new 'junky' in the trash heap to take off his hands!

Dave is an old guy that owns the dump here in Jasper, Nevada. He has a real temper and has a knack of scaring off collectors and trash haulers. Easy enough when all he wears is a tank top and a pair of shorts that's from Baby Gap, that would scare anyone. When he has no one to haul off his trash, he tends to get desperate on selling. He once sold me an old toaster for 5 bucks, and even though it was a pain to fix I got it working.