Chapter 6: Enemy brothers

Hearing what Namjoon had just said, Jimin couldn't help suppressing a giggle which earned him a menacing look from Seokjin. The yougest had just realized that Namjoon was right: he had only known Jungkook for a few hours, barely more than Seokjin, but he already realized seeing them both interact that the two had a very similar character.

     Even though Jungkook was a bit younger than Seokjin, they could become both worst enemies and best friends at the same time if they spent time together. But that wouldn't happen, Jimin knew that and it made him lose his smile.

     On the one hand Seokjin as Taehyung was doomed to remain alone here forever because of what they were and on the other hand Jungkook, as an ordinary human was doomed to leave to never return. To be alone too, as a school pariah, but in the human world.

     Realizing that Jungkook wasn't so different from those he lived at the twilight sanctuary and who all felt alone on their side, himself too, Jimin promised himself that he would no longer leave Jungkook alone after that day. He would henceforth keep him company in high school, would learn to tame his bad temper, which he had not been able to do with Seokjin and Taehyung. 

    It mattered to him because even if everyone saw him surrounded by friends all the time at school, Jimin knew better than anyone what loneliness was. He had experienced it and he had seen his family experience it too without being able to do anything about it. You had to believe that this sanctuary was a gathering place for lonely hearts...

     Even if Namjoon had always been there for Seokjin and Taehyung, they couldn't share him indefinitely when he was already the subject of many of their violent arguments. Very soon, Namjoon would have to choose one of them to be linked to him and at that time, the other would be left completely alone. This idea scared Jimin very much because he knew how much the other would be hurt.

     It was a shame that Jungkook couldn't stay here with them because in his eyes, Seokjin and Taehyung really needed an outside person to cheer them up but above all, to divert from them the absolute hatred they had for each other. Even though it wouldn't have been a nice position for Jungkook, Jimin was aware of it.

     Jungkook didn't seem to be particularly friendly with people, he had even managed to anger Jimin, who doesn't get angry easily, and Seokjin already hated him, but given the character of his brothers, he might just be the right person who could support them and teach them to respect humans and not just the souls under their care. A person who didn't give up. A person much stronger and smarter than him who had had no trouble since earlier in defying them, which for his part he had never been able to do in in 15 years of life by their side.

     Jimin was snapped out of his thoughts by Jungkook.

     "Please," he suddenly asked Yoongi despite Seokjin's order to leave, taking him for the master of the place, "can I stay here for the night ? It's late and nobody is waiting for me at home. I'm going to the same high school as Jimin, we can go to high school together tomorrow morning and then you will be rid of me."

     He was unwilling to find the stairs where the shadows surly awaited him behind the gates, nor the dark forest, nor the streets of Seoul to return home. He gave Jimin a look that asked him to support him.

     Jimin realized that he has a chance to make him stay and bring a bit of change to this place that hadn't changed for years and still functioned the same. Or rather, malfunctioned the same:

      "Yes, can we keep him please?" Jimin asked looking at Seokjin and Taehyung like a child would have asked his parents to adopt a lost puppy, which Jungkook didn't like but he preferred to keep silent. He realized that contrary to him, Jimin had addressed his request to Taehyung and Seokjin, and not to Yoongi who seemed to be the master here.