23- The Wrong Angle

Maya

" Do we really need to do this?" I asked the director with a little hope of cancelling this photoshoot.

He was talking to Raghav sir but soon turned towards me and said, " Look test is important. It is the last trial to see if the character really suits you."

I sighed and nodded but how do I tell that my problem is not the look test but the guy who must be getting in his attire for the shoot. Now I regret having agreed to work with him. But did I have a choice? No.

Soon, I changed into my new look which was anything but comfortable. It was a posh-black knee-length bodycon dress. As I shifted about my position, Dia, the make-up artist smiled and said, " Is it uncomfortable?"

I nodded and smiled back, " Yes, I never tried this."

" No worries. You will get used to it." As she helped me put on the heels, I tiptoed my way into the studio hall with the green screen and everything else set up.

The heels are so uncomfortable. How do people walk with these?

I hardly made my way without slipping off with the heels. I spotted Ajay as Vicky in a white jacket who somehow tried to control his laughter. I rolled my eyes and with gritted teeth, I asked, " You are having too much fun, right?"

" Why are you wearing those heels? You can hardly walk with those," he said, combing his hair while looking at the mirror in front of him.

" Not your issue." I walked off without paying him any attention. Still struggling with the heels and the dress.

Just hoping to end this look test as fast as possible.

★★★

" Well, this is good."

After giving a few poses in my new look, they asked me to change into the regular outfit my character is going to wear.

I heaved a sigh of relief, realizing that the bodycon dress is just for a particular scene that is quite important for the plot. I wouldn't be able to survive the whole shooting wearing such dresses.

Changing into a regular salwar kameez, I was way more relieved. Even if it wasn't a top and jeans, salwar kameez is way more comfortable for me than those dresses. But now the main task is to play as a couple in love being enemies in real life.

But somehow I thought that our cat and dog kid of relation must've alleviated, even if it is by a negligible amount.

I took a deep breath and turned to see him in a red and black striped shirt and faded jeans, giving his most childish smile in the mirror as he gave a glance at his 'handsome' face as he would prefer to say. He winked, admiring himself.

As I saw him acting strangely, I couldn't help but giggle. " Done with your self-appreciating session, master?"

He looked at me startled, almost like a deer caught in the headlights. I clutched my stomach and busted into a laugh as he turned his face around.

" You— mind your business. Monkey." He left after saying those words, ceasing my laughter. My lips parted as I figured out his sudden response. Maybe he is embarrassed. Stupid.

I went towards the bench placed in front of the green screen. The lights and cameras were fixed all over and the DOP was checking the lens and testing all the lights as I took my seat.

" Maya, you need to look at the camera at this angle," Rajiv sir pointed out the camera placed in one of the corners, -"Just imagine the actor is standing here. Wait... Ajay, come here." He called out to Ajay who was trying his best to keep his glance away from me.