forever missing you - e.m

"no, no, no!" eddie cried out, dropping to the floor and crawling over to your body. you gasped as you tried to breath, struggling to keep a steady breath.

"please no." eddie whispered, pulling into his arms. you winced, crying out as every joint ached in your body.

"it hurts." you whimpered, your chest feeling as if the weight of the world was placed on it.

"shh i know, i know." eddie's lip quivered, watching as you struggled to breathe. he looked down at your chest, his heart shattering as he saw the dark red spot.

"i'm not gonna be okay." you whispered, reality setting in the second you saw his distressed eyes.

"no, you will. you'll be okay." eddie said. whether he was trying to reassure you or convince himself was a mystery.

"i.." you winced, a wheeze leaving your throat.

"oh my god!" robin gasped, her hand covering her mouth in shock. nancy and steve ran up, nancy sobbing as she looked down at you.

"y/n no oh my god" nancy fell to the ground, coming closer. she couldn't bare to see her best friend dying in her boyfriend's arms.

robin kneeled down, wrapping her arms around nancy as she cried into her shoulder. steve stood there, watching the whole scene. his best friend was nearing death and he couldn't save her.

"you'll be okay." eddie whispered again, hands shaking as he collected your hands in his calloused hands.

you coughed, wheezing as you gripped onto eddie and tried to catch your breath. eddie brought his thumb up to your lip, tears pooling his eyes as he saw the dark red liquid on his dirty thumb.

"we were so close." eddie whispered, choking out a sob. he turned back to look and see how trailer 5 steps away. "we could have made it."

your lip quivered, weakly stroking eddie's face. he kissed your hand, tears streaming down his dirt caked cheeks. "you have to get out of here."

he shook his head, refusing to let you go. he hugged your body close to his body as he sobbed. "i can't. not without you."

your breath became slower, a constant wheeze being heard as you felt yourself slipping. "i love you"

a sob broke out, eddie kissing your lips. "i love you. i love you. please don't leave me."

you smiled sadly, your hand dropping from his face as your eyelids for heavier. he shook his head, rocking back and forth.

"y/n please. i cant do this without you, i'm not strong enough." he cried, choking on his words.

"you are the strongest man i know. so so brave..." you trailed off, the wheeze becoming more prominent. you tried to stay awake but the pain was too much, it hugging you as it welcomed and introduced your demise. you closed your eyes. one last wheeze was heard.

"y/n?" eddie asked, feeling your body go still. you didn't respond and his tears became sobs. "no!"

he buried his head into your hair, a gut wrenching sob echoing out as he held your body tightly.

robin was able to coax eddie into the trailer, dustin and the group creating an opening to get back into the real world.

the kids celebrated but the young adults in the upside down stood still, eyes staring at nothing specific as their pain was too much. eddie held your body, shaking as he refused to look down at your lifeless body. he would be damned to lose you and then leave your body in that hell hole.

not fully understanding how, eddie was able to get to the right world with your body.

"y/n! eddie! oh god, im so glad to see you here." dustin cheered, the other teens laughing. eddie held your body as he sat on the mattress, a far away look on his face.

"eds?" dustin asked, not receiving a response. "y/n?"

eddie shook his head, full on sobbing as he held your body close. the kids frantically looked at one another.

"no. no no no. stop fucking with me!" dustin yelled, falling to his knees as he stared at the lifeless body of his older sister.

"y/n.." dustin cried out. max and lucas fell beside him, wrapping them into a tight embrace as he sobbed. his older sister. dead. gone. forever.