14 - A peek into the future.

~𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒖𝒏𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒏'𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒖𝒏𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒅.~

******
Dylan stood in the lobby clad in all black, his olive-green jacket the only drop of color in his outfit. Eyes hid behind a pair of dark sunglasses, he watched as the gate was packed with travelers, most of them standing and huddling along the walls because the allotment of plastic chairs had been taken.

Departure was filled up.

Turning to Stacey who had a cold bland mask on her face, Dylan looked her over once more. Dressed in a black sweater dress with a pair of cheetah print boots, her hair clipped to the side by a gold pin, and a burgundy coat to complete the ensemble, she looked attractive.

Too attractive.

Trying his best to concentrate on the reason why he had turned to her in the first place, he looked away from her and hurriedly spoke. "There seemed to be a lot who had the same idea as us."

"You wouldn't say?" Stacey responded, questioning the sanity of the decision to travel five days before Christmas.

Dylan had brought up the private Jet issue on their way here, but Stacey had killed the idea saying it was a blatant waste of energy, money, and an unnecessary display of wealth. Although, she never mentioned the last part.

They had come to a middle ground and settled on first class. What was the difference? Stacey had thought to herself after making the decision. And now, she refused to admit maybe the private Jet would have been more convenient.

"I guess we wait then."

"Do we have a choice?" she replied, her eyes roaming over the full lobby. "Hold up, what about our boarding pass? Some seem to be holding theirs."

Laughing, Dylan threw his head back, his shining blonde hair swaying. He caught a few awe-struck stares from passerby and a scornful look from Stacey.

Blinking slowly, she crossed her arms, waiting for him to stop.

He did.

"Come on Stacey, who still holds those? We have an e-boarding pass."

Caught off guard, Stacey jutted her chin out in surprise. "We do?"

"Of course, when was the last time you traveled?" Dylan teased, enjoying the surprised look on her face. Her eyes suddenly dimmed, and his smile dropped.

What did I do now? Dylan thought. This was the same look she had on her face when they first met. He didn't mean to make her sad. Was it the tickets? Did she find out he had booked them earlier?

Stacey broke through his thoughts. "It's not about me traveling, it's the fact that we have a boarding pass without even being in the queue."

Shaking his head, he watched her and wondered how he could explain it to her. "Stacey, I had booked online earlier. Hence, we have a mobile boarding pass. No need waiting in line to get one."

Stacey heard everything but one thing struck her mind. "Earlier? Before you asked me? Hold up. Did you give me a choice?"

Oh shit! Breathe, Dylan. He needed an excuse, a way out, anything. Suddenly, the announcement for their flight came up, making his heart soar. Smiling as if he didn't hear her, he grabbed her arm and pulled. "Hey! Our flight's being called, come on."

Silently seething with rage, Stacey stood her ground but the bustling of people towards the checkpoint jolted her into action. They could talk about this later. They had to get to the plane now. So she allowed him to lead her through the throngs of people, trying her best not to shrug his hands off.