Reality

Gabriel's POV

I woke up to a soft caress and opened my eyes only to find Nathalie's body was leaning unconsciously against mine. I hugged her, spooning her, trying to omit the fact that the other two were sharing the bed with us. And that, judging by the look Amelie gave me after the previous night 's incident, she was going to kill me.

The warmth of my beloved's body filled me with determination to end this nightmare once and for all and do things right with my real Nathalie, for I had just realised things have a reason for being the way they are and that, even a slight, stupid change could alter the entire world. First, I was desperate to change the reality I lived in, then, the future I had seen... and since then it was a never ending carousel of time travelling. But now I wanted to go back, to go back to that imperfect reality that low-key made me so happy.

I turned my head to see Emilie, my dear wife, but that was not my Emilie any more. None of them –except, perhaps, for Amelie– was truly them. The life decisions we took to get to this awkward situation have their roots in a past that shouldn't have been.

Nathalie woke up and looked at me.

"Morning, my love." I mumbled.

"Hi, Gabe."

"Are you ready, Nath?"

She nodded and sighed.

"Fuck, I'll miss my wife so much. She is amazing... but... you spoke nothing but the truth... so I positively believe things should be amended. Oh, and... don't ever use that shit again."

"I promise I won't, Nath. I don't want to hurt you any more, babe."

She sat on the bed, her legs trembled as she got up and kissed Amelie on the lips, who answered with a soft groan.

"Gosh... yesterday... was intense."

"You think?" I asked, blushing.

She chuckled.

"It was fun. But... never again."

"Indeed. Come."

We entered the bathroom together, and I asked her to use the miraculous.

"Alright..." She hesitated. " Fluff, clockwise!"

Sparkles surrounded her and soon, she was dressed in a lovely bunny suit.

I felt my jaw drop at her beauty.

"Gosh, Nath... you look adorable."

She took my hand and took me to the burrow.

"Okay, let's make things right..." I said.

She kidnapped the Gabriel that had changed the past and brought him with us. It pierced my heart to see Emilie in extreme sorrow, but that's just how things should be, as it is how things were.

The images began to change, the past getting re-written.

"Fluff, counterclockwise," Nathalie said as she began to fade.

"I'll see you later, my love." I kissed her just before she disappeared. I entered the present carefully and opened my office's door.

I saw Adrien, my Adrien, about to get out and stopped him short:

"Where is Nathalie?"

He turned around.

"Uh... she must be in her room... or! Oh! Yeah, she went for a coffee with Amelie."

"W-with Amelie?"

"Yeah... and she said I could go to a friend's house... so I was just leaving."

"Sure, son."