chapter ten

{ Dreams' Pov }

We're about a ten minute walk from my parents house and i'm so nervous. I'm planning on coming out to family, i'm not scared that they won't accept me, because i know for sure they will. I'm just nervous about telling them about me and George, but I have to, it's now or never.

George is shattered he only slept for an hour on the plane, me on the other hand, I slept for 5 hours. It's 6pm here though, so we'll have dinner, talk a bit with my family, then we can go to bed.

Let's hope George can last that long.

Eventually we reach the front of the door, my family don't actually know we're coming, so it'll be good to surprise them. Instead of using my key, I knock on the door. A few seconds after, Drista opens the door.

"CLAY" she shouts before running into a hug.

I hug her tightly back. My heart is instantly warmed, it feels so good to be back with my family after a few months.

Drista pulls away from the hug then screams, "MOM, DAD, CLAY IS HERE" with the biggest smile on her face.

Speedily, they hurry to the door. My mom pulls me in for the biggest hug, following that my dad does the same. This is such a good feeling.

George then steps forward and says his greetings.
"Good evening, it's nice to finally meet you."

"Oh come here George." My mom responds, also pulling him in for a hug. George instantly hugs her tightly back, he's afraid of offending my family. He wants to make the best impression on them, which is really sweet.

George then shakes my fathers hand, and waves at Drista. Then we all head inside.

"Are yous hungry? I can quickly whip up some food if you'd like" my mom asked.

"Yeah we're actually really hungry, food would be great please" I respond.

"Yes please." George also replies.

"What do you boys fancy then?" She asks.

I look over to George to see if he was in the mood for anything particular, but the sudden panic on his face when he realises he's got the choice, indicates i should pick.

"Have you got the stuff for lasagna?" I ask.

My mom nods, then she walks into the kitchen, my dad follows.

I turn around to see George, I give him a big smile and say, "You finally get to try my moms food, I promise you it's great."

George responds with a big grin on his face.

"How comes yous are here then? I thought everything was going well in London?" Drista asks.

"Don't get me wrong, London is amazing, but i missed you guys, we're also here to go see Nick and Karl."

"Ewww you missed us.. that's so gross Clay."

George laughs at that joke, but I just give Drista a stern look before giggling at her.

Drista, George and I all sit down in the living room and watch tv until dinner is ready. My hearts pounding, i've decided to tell everyone about my sexuality and George at dinner, it's so close.

I text George telling him to ask me "Where is the bathroom Dream" so we can have a moment alone.

I guide George to the upstairs bathroom so we can speak without anyone hearing. I tell him about my decision and he thinks it's a good plan. Everyone will be in a good mood because they're eating, so hopefully no conflict will be caused.

"Clay,George,Drista come into the kitchen, dinner is ready" I hear my mom scream. Now my hearts actually beating out of my chest.

George pecks me on the lips and reassures me, "It's going to be okay Dream, they're going to accept you don't worry, i'm so proud of you for doing this, it's a big step."

I smile at him before he grabs my hand and pulls me down the stairs. However, George quickly let's go when we reach the bottom, he doesn't want anyone to notice, he said this is "my moment, not his".

"This looks so good, I cant wait to eat it" George tells my mom with a big smile on his face. The way he acts around my family is making me fall even harder.

"Thank you George, I hope you enjoy."

Everyone sits around the table and my mom hands everyone a plate of lasagna. We all swiftly begin to tuck in, her food is so good.

This is my moment, I think to myself. Fuck i'm so nervous. My legs are shaking like crazy, but luckily George places his hand on my leg, calming me down.

"Mom,Dad,Drista I have something to talk to yous about."

"Yes Clay what is it?" My dad responds.

I take a very deep breath before announcing, "I'm sorta dating someone."

Everyone's eyes light up.

"OMG OMG WHO" Drista Screams. "WAIT NO LET ME GUESS"

"Drista you're never going to get it." I reply.

"George." Drista proudly says.

I literally choke on my food.

I clear my throat then speak, "Uh well yeah it is actually George."

"What." My dad responds.

"Wait so you're gay?" My mother asks.

"Well no i'm bisexual I think, so I like boys and girls. But right now, yes I like George."

My mom bursts out into tears.

Oh god. These better be happy tears.

"Oh Dream. I'm so happy for you." She says with a croaky voice.

That harsh anxiety feeling in my chest suddenly lifted when I heard this sentence. It's going well, my mom accepts me!! My dad on the other hand, he doesn't look too good.

Now i start tearing up. "Thank you mom, it means a lot that you're okay with this"

"Of course I am, never ever would I think any less of you just because you like a different gender." She says while leaning over the table to hug me.

"I've always shipped." Drista says arrogantly.

"Yes, yes you have." George responds laughing.

"So Drista, you're okay with this?" I ask her.

"Don't worry boys, I accept you." She replies.

"Thank you Drista." I smile at her.

"Dad. What about you? What do you think about this?" I query.

"Well son, this is the last thing i expected, but i am indeed completely fine with it. Good for yous two, I've always liked George, he's a good man."

"Thank you so much Dad."

"Thank you so much Sir." George informs him.

Now im really crying, his response was the one i was so terrified for. Everything's gone so good.

The rest of dinner was great, everyone was happy and George and I were just answering questions.
This was a good night, I can tell George is trying his hardest to impress my family, but honestly he doesn't even need to do anything, they all already love him.