chapter seven

Before this chapter starts just want to quickly explain! This is George's pov from the second he woke up ( like at the start of chapter six ) so it's not carrying on from the last chapter yk? If this doesn't make sense and anyones confused just comment and i'll reply :)

{ George's Pov }

I woke up to the sound of Dreams voice. He's standing beside the bed. I go to smile at him until I recall what occurred the night before. I don't want to come across as overly friendly in case he regrets what happened.
So I exclaim, "Oh morning," when I open my eyes. It's subtle but polite.

I yawn and ask about the breakfast he mentioned.
He made me breakfast? Maybe he's just returning the favour from yesterday, and he's just trying to be polite.

I really did enjoy last night, but im just not very good at expressing my feelings.

I've always kept to myself. That's why I've only ever been in two relationships, both of which were initiated by the girl. I can flirt and make jokes about liking people, but when it comes to discussing feelings, I shut down. My parents stayed together when I was growing up, but not because they loved one other, but rather because they didn't want to upset me. I could tell they didn't love one other because they weren't loving in their words or behaviour. Growing up around that, must have had an impact on me. It seems to have led me to feel that it's best to hold everything inside to avoid hurting anyone.

In this scenario, I don't want to hurt myself. Most people think of me as a one-night stand; we do things together, and then anytime I attempt to bring it up or initiate it again, they ignore me. I don't want to lose Dream, he means so much to me.

So I'm not going to talk about what happened last night.

I don't want to aggravate Dream or remind him of something he doesn't want to remember. So to prevent losing him, it's best I remain silent.

———————————————-

I think i've made a huge mistake. I stuck with my plan of staying silent but now Dreams run off and locked himself in the bathroom.

God knows what he's doing in there but I just hope he's okay. Now i'm just sitting on his sofa, alone. This is really awkward but i'm not going to leave, it'll just make things worse.

I've decided to let Dream have his moment in the bathroom, but when he comes out i'll explain to him that I do really like him, but this is definitely not something i want to make serious and public.

———————————————-

Dream has finally left the bathroom but he's acting all shifty. He sped over to his clothes drawer and practically threw on a long-sleeved shirt. Maybe he's just cold, i mean he did take off his jumper for me so..

My heart warmed as i finally understood he took off his jumper for me. Dream is so selfless and so sweet, no wonder I like him.

Now he's sat down at his computer and began to play Fortnite, this is my time to speak to him.

Okay 3,2,1..

I'm up.

His head swiftly shifts over to look at me but his face oh my god.

He's been crying.

What have i done to him? He looks so tired and so drained. I need to fix things immediately, I cant let him be this upset over me, in no way am i worth his tears.

"Dream, we need to talk."

He just looks at me and nods, it's like our roles have reversed.

"Im so sorry about earlier Dream, like so sorry, i'm horrible with feelings and I didn't know how to act, but no i'm not the victim here. You treated me with nothing but respect and I all i did was ignore you this morning, im a horrible person" I say whilst walking closer to Dream.

"George it's fi-" Dream blurts out at me.

"No Dream, no it's not, you don't deserve this sort of treatment. But i just want you to know, Dream i really like you, like really like you. I don't know if you still like me after how I acted this morning, but if you do, I would like for this to go somewhere. Nothing too serious, as it's still only early for both of us you know? Neither of us have dated a boy before so I reckon we should take things slow, and also keep it private for now. You know how our fans will act, they'll go crazy. I don't want them to ruin anything or make it too weird. But yeah that's what i wanted to say"

I was too in my feelings to notice Dream smiling so hard. His cheeks are all rosy and his eyes are filling up with tears. Now i'm tearing up. We both just smile at each-other before he stands up and pulls me in for a hug.

I think the hug lasted for about 3 minutes, he held me tight and i felt so safe and so happy, but now we're sat down on his bed and Dreams about to speak.

"Clearly i didn't handle this mornings situation well, as you can tell by looking at my face" Dream says whilst we both chuckle and i wipe the tears off his face with my thumb.

"But don't you worry George, I still very much like you, and I also forgive you. I understand not everyone is good when it comes to talking about their feelings, I just wish you wouldn't have ignored me. But like I said, i do forgive and i hope we can move past this situation and maybe talk about what's going to happen with us now?" Dream says to me.

"Of course we can, thank you for forgiving me." I reply back, smiling.

"Why was you in the bathroom for so long though?" I question.

His eyes widen and his face turns red when i ask him this question. He clearly wasn't prepared for such a question but I just don't get why?

"Oh right haha yeah about that.. honestly it's nothing George."

"Dream what's wrong? Why do you look like someone's got you at gunpoint?

"It's nothing George." He says as he stands up.

He's confused me now? What could he have been doing that's SO bad he won't tell me..
So before i give him the chance to walk away from the conversation, i grab his arm.

He winced.

Why would he wince? I didn't grab his arm tight.. Just enough to stop him from walking away.

"Dream what was that about? Why did you wince? Surely i couldn't have hurt you, you're like 10 times stronger than me.."

"George! I said it's nothing!" Dream shouts with a sense of panic in his face.

Now i'm even more curious.. What has got him acting this way? So i pull up the sleeve of his shirt, and what i saw was the last thing i expected.

I'm in complete and utter shock.