To Fall Is To Rise Again

It is common knowledge on earth to be born with a pair of wings you can learn to hide at the age of 6. These wings were said to either be a blessing or a curse from God. To separate the saints and those who can't be redeemed according to their souls; Wings reflect one's soul. Including ones' emotions at the edge of the feather tips.

The brighter the entire wingcolor is, the kinder, generous and good is a soul. They have a natural urge to help and attract others, especially those who need help. And their biggest flaw is getting swayed by their own emotion, almost ruled by it.

The darker the color, the more sinister, vicious, mallintended and evil the soul is. They are manipulative and often two-faced, their intentions dubious. It isn't uncommon to feel endangered, frightened or challanged when facing them as they have natural predetory skills to seek out weak-minded or -willed people.

Bruce Wayne, multi-billionaire, orphan and Gothamite headfigure, was born with almost white wings, a yellow tint to them.
It had brought the family immense joy and pride, until the accident that changed them forever. After the death of his parents, Bruce's joyous wings had turned into a dark grayish color that strained from the tips of his wings to almost the root on his back, a sign of his sadness and possible instability.

So it came as a great relief for Gothams elite when, after his adoption of one Richard 'Dick' Grayson who'd also lost his parents and had shimmering blue wings the color of delphiniums, his own had mellowed into a gentler and lighter gray, his actions and demeanor calmed.

It seemed to remain like that for a while, and when he took in his second ward, Jason Todd with  Ruby wings who'd flash in the light like a poisonous snake or Ruby, it had brightened to look like silver with an almost amber tint. Many Gothamite Gazette's had even made a suggestion about his wings getting brighter with each new adoption.

...after the death of Jason, Bruce's wings darkened considerably, back to their previous daunting gray. His yellow tint turning into an almost moldy color. The man seemed to get progressively stuck in his past experiences, like he was cutting off his air supply.

Which appeared in the unexpected arrival of Timothy Drake, a kid with parents and also wings the color of a yellow daffodil in spring. The kid seemed to have an unexpected and unknown 'attraction' to the man, giving his mood quite a few swings - mostly tired exasperation - until it settled and slowly worked back to an ashen color.

Many had sighed in relief seeing the man regain his spark, although it seemed recovering from his loss was impossible.

To make matters worse, the criminal underground of Gotham got a new member called The Red Hood a few months later. He wore leather and a red helmet, carrying firearms and crimson wings that seemed to catch fire and burn, matching his temper and setting warehouses alight with explosions.

A rare constitution, signifying that the man had overflowing rage.

Although, a trait like that wasn't rare in Gotham. The Batman had something similar. His wings were covered in a kind of light metal fabric, not too tight nor loose, and could emit smoke. It rendered vision and finding him impossible, even with radar.

His Robin's also had this gimmick, though their wings were covered in a damp yellow color instead.

The first Robin could manipulate winds, easily spreading or dispersing Batman's smoke and accelerate flight, making him slipper than an eel.
The second manipulated temperature, being able to melt chains or weaponry upon touch or drain heat. Some even felt faint when he'd emit heatwaves in Batman's smoke.
The third, however, seemed to hold no gimmick, until it was discovered that he could send out electric pulses like an EMP or short-circuit. Some pedestrians even swore they saw him load a car battery with them once.