His Magic

Damian actually has another secret he had hidden from everyone. Even Ra's, that is, this time around they didn't know.

How that works and what he meant by that?

He had send his soul back in time, otherwise his grandfather would have taken over his body and destroyed both worlds, well, the civilian, superhero/-villain one and the last one even the LOA hadn't know about previously... The Wizarding World.

To make matters worse Ra's had teamed up with both Grindelwald and Voldemort--pardon, young Riddle Jr.

Fortunately, his friends (yes, they weren't just associates) had managed to send him back after giving him many advices and making a to-do list on what he needed to influence slightly, what to avoid minor and majorly and to maybe change their future if he could without triggering a domino or butterfly-effect.

In the first round he had been a Slytherin to no surprise.
His favorite class had been Defense Against The Dark Arts and Care of Magical Beasts - again, to no one's surprise (or else there would've been a threat of eternal silence by use of any Unforgivable or similar).

Now, he'd been sent to Hogwarts for a second time after his year of blood at age 10 in order for the Al Ghul family to take root in the magical enclaves. His paternal family still having no clue about his existence. Though he had ways to remedy that in place, such as an inheritance test from Gringotts, a truth potion - there were a lot of methods, plus his father could conduct a paternity test all on his own, which he would as he doesn't trust magic all too much or well.

And, different from his first time he'd been sorted into Ravenclaw in his second turn. Though the sorting hat known as Alastor had caused quite a fuss when he'd peaked into his mind.

Timetravel in order to prevent the fall of the magical and muggle/ superhero world and on top of that he didn't know where to put the boy!!
(Sure, his main forte would still be Slytherin, however he's already learned everything from there and then some!)
And, while Griffindor didn't seem like a primary choice, the kid could be reckless, seeing as how Alastor witnessed the kid (at 11/12 years old) dying while sacrificing himself like a certain Potter who was in his 3rd year!!
In the end Damian got to decide and picked Ravenclaw, intending to still have silence and manners be used in his house while able to follow his own agendas.
Plus he could read up on anything if he wanted, gain access to Rowena Ravenclaw's exclusive library if he became a prefect, get his familiar (a black cat with green fur around its jaded eyes), etc.

Not to mention, he'd have the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuff sneak around to investigate the Vizengamot and Headmaster to see the current state of affairs inside and outside of Hogwarts. They have some of the best connections in all of Hogwarts after all, so it was a pretty simple task. He would need their cooperation as things would change with what he's planning to do.

He'd best keep an eye and ear out for the different trios too and make sure that Cedric as well as Potters god-fathers don't die. Hecate knows the impact the loss of them would have and the boy needs to get out from the Dursley's home to get rid of his self-sacrificial tendencies.

And after that followed training skills for the war... or confronting his family and the two lunatics.
Wait, counting his grandfather that makes three lunatics and their lackeys.

So his best course of action was to secretly take over the hot-spot of the Wizarding world known as Hogwarts by allying himself with the different houses and teachers. He was sure he could convince Madam Pomfrey, Professor McGonagall and Snape easily if he explained the circumstances even slightly. Additionally, he'd teach strategic thinking to the Lions (so they didn't try reckless stunts in the following years or war and make an army for Dumbledore), group enforcement spells to the Badgers (like that barrier the teachers had set up against Voldemort), Traps and healing for the Ravens, and as for the Snakes... rather, a therapy session seemed to be a good start of they were to turn against their heritage, especially Malfoy.