One

Trey Smith

Friday, May 3, 2024, 11:37pm

I'm currently helping one of the other Nurses with a patient

I'm in my residency trying to become a peds nurse. Working late hours wasn't my ideal working time but it good for me right now.

"Hi Mr.Smith" Khole is a little girl that I was helping with. She is 7 and is in here for a heart transplant.

"Hi Khloe why are you still up" I asked her smiling. I sat in the chair and watched as the other nurse started looking at her vitals and writing them down "I can't sleep. I'm scared"

"Don't be scared. How about I come  see you right after you surgery?" I told her "please I will be waiting for you Mr.Smith"

I gave her a small smile and left the room. "Her vital's are stable. Hope everything goes good tomorrow. We have to check on Raven and Dexter before you leave"

Raven is a 13 year old girl who tried to kill herself. She's been in here for 2 days and hasn't slept yet. She will be checked into the psych ward tomorrow.

Dexter is a 15 year old boy who was having stomach problems. He's gonna be released tomorrow morning we just need to make sure everything is good.

We first went to Raven's room. Her sitter was in the corner watching the cartoons that was on the tv. Raven was too.

"Hey Raven how are you" I asked her pulling up a chair Nurse John checked her vitals and changed her IV

"I want to go home" she mumbled "I'm not crazy I don't need the psych ward"

"Raven its gonna help you. Other kids only stay there for a few days at the minimum. But it's unhealthy for you to be staying up without any sleep" I told her but I could tell she didn't care.

"Just leave me alone." I nodded and placed the chair back

We then went to Dexter who was sleep. So we just got his vitals from the device

After. I clocked out and made my way home. I was leaving with Ryan, Rico and Toni. They moved out of there apartment and got a house together. I sleep in the room with Ryan sometimes.

I got home and only saw Ryan's car in the driveway. I open the door and saw her sitting on the couch with the dog, Chanel, on her lap

"Hey Ry" I said locking the door but she didn't say anything back. I sighed to myself

I went into the kitchen and watched her. She just sat there watching tv. "Ryan did you eat and take your meds" she didn't move. She just stared at the tv. I walked over to her and stood in front of the tv.

"Ryan" she looked me in my eyes. "Yes I ate and took my meds" I nodded and sat beside her.

"I know you still having problems but I think we try to get help. You know maybe see a therapist again" i hate seeing her like this and everyone has been trying to cheer her up but nothings working.

"I don't need a therapist" I took a deep breath

"I made you an appointment with a therapist my friend from work recommended tomorrow at 10:30pm. I will take you before work." I got up off the couch and went back into the kitchen

"I'm not going trey" she got up off the couch and made her way into the kitchen

"Look you need one. I'm not trying to to make you mad but shit sitting in the house all day ain't cutting it for me and I'm pretty sure Rico need help" I went into the refrigerator and grabbed my plate. I took the foil off of it and put it in the microwave

"Why do you keep trying to force me to do shit I don't want to do. I don't need a fucking therapist trey. Get that through your little fucking brain" she stormed up stairs making me sigh.

Since her grandma died she has changed heavily. I'm not sure if it's just with me but she gotten more aggressive. I mean verbally aggressive like cursing and yelling.

I want nothing but to help her. And she's not letting me. I don't understand and Bobby and Brandon aren't  here to help her. MJ and Mike not here either and it feels like it's just me.

I grabbed my plate out of the microwave and I sat at the table and ate it. I heard the door open and in came Douglas and Toni.

"Hey Trey" they said in unison. "Hey"

"Where Ry at?" They walked into the dinning room "she went upstairs"

Toni nodded and then looked at Douglas "can you watch Antonio tomorrow"

I laughed to myself "I got to work until 1am tomorrow. Why Ant can't watch him."

"Because he's going to LA to see his girlfriend"

Ant and Ashané's relationship was long distance but they were trying everything to keep it alive.

"Ask fats and Mikey" I told her and she nodded. I finished my food and then went upstairs to the room I shared with Ryan. The door was lock.

I sighed to myself. "Ryan open the door please" she didn't say anything so I knocked. "Fuck off Trey"

"Can you at least let me get clothes to take a shower" nothing happened. I stood there for maybe a minute long before deciding to just let it go. I grabbed covers out the closet and went to lay on the couch