Chapter 3

Recap:

A tendril shot out at me and I screamed again, but it didn’t reach me. Inches from my face, it was severed from the creature’s body.

It screamed in anger, for it felt no pain, and then I watched as a sword came down into its spine.

It stopped moving entirely. Its dead eyes staring back at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

                I managed to look up to see who, or what, had just saved me. He, at least I think it was a he, turned towards me. His face was a shadow, under his hood.

“Who are you?” I managed to gasp out. He reached up to take his hood off, just as another wave of pain coursed through my body from my arm, causing me to scream. When I could focus on him again, I looked up to see a boy, not much older than me, a look of concern all over his face. He was quite attractive actually. He looked at my arm, then back to my face. Turning to the now very dead creature he had just killed, he placed his hands on the hilt of the sword, and with one strong tug, he pulled it out of the monsters back.

He wiped its disgusting black blood on the forest floor before sheathing it at his side. The pain was starting to numb my arm, which I was very grateful for. The man took a step forward and the next thing I knew, and large hand was in my face. I looked back up at his face, seeing only concern for me. Taking his hand with my fine arm, he lifted me to my feet in one swift motion.

I swayed for a moment, but he held me up. When I could stand relatively well on my own he took my face in his hands, peering into my eyes, looking me over. His hands felt so good on my cold skin.

“Are you ok, Hope?” His voice was deep and melodic, but him knowing my name snapped me to attention.

“How, do you know my name?” I looked at him, questioning him with my eyes knowing my voice was to weak to get any point across. “Who are you?” He gave me a crooked smile, seeming to take that as me being fine, he stepped away from me.

“Come on, we should get Addeline back to her mother. “ I watched as he easily climbed to the branch where Addys soul was, still fluttering about in its cage. Opening up the cage, he gently grasped her soul, as if clutching a moth, being careful not to crush or harm its wings, creating a kind of cage out of your fingers.

He dropped t o the ground, walking over to Addy. My mouth dropped. Leaning over her, he kneeled down and gently pushed the glowing soul into her tiny chest.

 How did he know how to do all of this? I thought to myself in awe.

~~~~~~~~

Ok I know this is an Extremely short chapter, not really much of a chapter at all haha its not even a page... But I felt bad having not uploaded ANYTHING for a really long time. SOooo here's something at least. But dont worry! I'll have more out soon! In fact, probably more tonight ; ) Sorry to keep yall waiting.