Part 4

Happy Anniversary fellow "Luca" fans!!!! In honor of this special date, I decided to upload the last part of this fic, as well as make a tribute video you can find on my Youtube channel. I leave the link down above.

Hope you enjoy both the video and the chapter.

The kids had flown over the bully; when they landed, it was with a big blow that made them jump from their seats, and they nearly crashed into a wall, luckily, Luca was able to turn the handlebars in time, and they lightly collided with Ercole's bike, pushing him a little. The bully snorted and turned to see them; his eyes widened at the boys' transformation. Ercole stifled a scream and was about to lose control but held on tightly to the grips, then examined Luca and Alberto from top to bottom.

The boys opened their eyes in terror.

Ercole stopped his gaze at the height of their heads and seemed to take it all in because his eyes lit up.

"Oh, I should have known," he said, menacing.

Alberto swallowed hard while Giulia's skin prickled; she had never seen Ercole like this, he was smiling, but not arrogantly as usual, but like a lunatic, his grin from ear to ear, showing his teeth. While his eyebrows were clenched, he looked like a maniac; he seemed serious about killing the boys. Luca was also scared, he had always felt intimidated by Ercole, but something was different this time, it was as if... he was really going to kill them; this wasn't just to scare them anymore, he wanted them dead.

Wasting no time, Luca pedaled harder; Ercole had been distracted enough to leave his right flank unprotected, they passed so fast that Ercole barely noticed them.

"Hey! Come back here!" Ercole yelled, turning his attention to the front, he pedaled in pursuit while screaming sideways: "Ciccio! Ciccio!"

But the blond was nowhere to be found, he had stayed at the top of the hill; Ercole growled.

"A harpoon! Someone!" he yelled, but the only ones present were simple spectators, who looked amazed, terrified, and surprised at the boys in their sea monster forms.

Ercole grunted again and turned all his attention to following the trio.

Lorenzo and Daniela were coming up the slope, both protected under the tablecloth of the improvised table, and they kept looking for Luca, now more concerned with the rain, the only shred of hope they had left was to believe that their son had managed to get to safety before it got wet.

The Underdogs passed right beside them.

"Oh no!" Daniela exclaimed with a small voice when she noticed that Luca had transformed; Ercole appeared chasing the boys, and she didn't need much to know what it meant: "Luca!"

"Son!" Lorenzo screamed, and the two ran after the young.

The trio was gaining ground, almost reaching the plaza.

"Passing the finish line, there's no barrier!" Giulia said to Luca, pointing forward, "If you don't stop, we'll fall straight into the water, and the two can escape!"

"But what about you?" Luca asked, worried.

"Don't worry about me! You two are the ones who need to get to safety!"

Luca was going to protest, but he just narrowed his eyes. He would listen to her, and maybe later... they could come back when things were calmer.

Giulia felt more relaxed when she saw that he wasn't going to question her, then she remembered that Alberto's tail was still wrapped around her waist; Giulia looked at it, and she felt-

Odd.

It was heavy and scaly, and something told her that, if she wasn't already wet from the rain, it would feel slimy too; but it was also strong and made her feel safe. Because due to the speed they were riding and the ground Luca decided to pass, they were shaking to all sides, and it seemed that they could fall from the bike at any time.