No Alice Is Going To Defeat Me (2)

After everything happened in the classroom, Hoshika really needed a break. Her, Mikan, and Tobita walked together to a pink food truck. Dark eyes skimmed over the menu, and she sighed. She didn't really feel like eating anything right now.

"Do you want anything?" Tobita asked. The girl simply shook her head, and Mikan asked for a drink. They ordered from a robot server, and a minute passed before it turned and gave them their drinks.

"That will be 100 yen each." it said in monotone.

"100 yen?" asked Mikan.

"Ah," Tobita started, "You can't use regular money here," he pulled out a coin purse and held up a 100 yen coin.

"We don't have any of those." Hoshika said.

The boy chuckled, "Of course you wouldn't, you're both new students." he smiled, "Don't worry, Mikan-chan, this one will be my treat." He gave the robot 200 yen coins, and the group turned away from the truck.

"Thanks!" Mikan took a sip of her drink, "But, how do we get those coins?"

"Oh, don't worry, the school gives them to you. But the amount depends on your grades."

"I've never heard of a school giving kids money before!" she made a surprised face, "Alice Academy really is amazing, isn't it?"

They sat for a moment and Hoshika decided to break the silence.

"Where do you think Hotaru is?" she asked Tobita.

"Oh, that's right! I think she might be at her research lab!"

Mikan and Hoshika looked at each other before questioning the words 'research lab' out loud. The boy nodded and they walked for a bit as he guided them to her research lab. Hoshika stayed quiet as the two made small talk. They came to a large building and a robot greeted them at the front doors. It was large and blue. It sort of looked like a police man with the hat it had on.

"Hello. Who are you?" it questioned robotically.

"Me?" Mikan pointed to herself, "I'm Hotaru's best friend, Mikan."

The eyes of the robot rolled around in its head. "Searching Researcher Imai's friends list... Friends List search complete. Entry "Mikan" not found."

"What? That can't be!"

"Visitors who are not on the list should leave immediately." it started moving its arms around wildly and an alarm sounded, "If you do not, the security department will be notified."

"Wait!" Hoshika called, "Try Ito Hoshika!" The robot juggled the name around in its brain before having the same response as before.

"Visitors who are not on the list should leave immediately."

"Hold on. What about Yuu Tobita?"

"Searching Researcher Imai's friends list. Friend list search complete. Entry "Yuu Tobita" found. Friend rank: A. Researcher Imai is not here, but please make yourselves at home until she returns."

"That's ridiculous!" Hoshika yelled, "How are we not on the list? I thought Hotaru was our best friend?"

Her and Mikan made angry faces to the now opened door in front of them.

"I'm sure she wasn't expecting you to transfer here, so she probably hasn't added you yet!"

Hoshika scoffed, "I'm sure she did." she said sarcastically. Tobita gave them nervous smiles.