No Alice Is Going To Defeat Me (1)

Hoshika looked in the mirror at her new appearance. Her newly cut hair was shiny and short. She ran her fingers through it, sort of missing the long length. With a sigh, she figured change was good.. although this change was new and sudden. Maybe that means it was supposed to happen? She didn't know. Narumi set a hand on her shoulders and with a happy hum ran his fingers through her hair and 'floofed' it a bit.

With a smile he reassured her, "It looks good! You look cute!"

With slightly pink cheeks, she looked down at her lap and fiddled with her fingers. "Does it?" She said quietly, more to herself than to Narumi.

"Yes, it does," he answered anyway, "Now, let's put on your uniform and we'll be with Mikan-chan outside, okay?" She nodded and started dressing herself once Narumi left the room.

Once dressed, she stepped out of the room to meet Narumi spinning Mikan around in a circle, "You're the cutest girl in the world!" She'd heard Narumi say. Misaki stood off to the side mumbling to himself about how he was glad Mikan was in a good mood again. Hoshika quite liked the uniform. It was cute and easy to move around in. The only downside was that there was no spandex shorts to prevent people from looking up them.

Narumi set Mikan down and was confused by her shocked face, he turned around to see Hoshika in the school uniform, looking nice in the sleek design. He smiled at her and so did Misaki, "You look nice, Hoshika!" Misaki nodded, "You do." Mikan ran over and engulfed her friend in a hug, she started gushing over her new appearance.

"Ahh! Hoshika, you look so cute!" She felt the short ends of her new hair, "Short hair really suits you!"

A blush overcame Hoshika's face, surprised at all the praise. Hoshika was the type of girl to be flustered easily, since she didn't talk to many people. Although, if you threaten her friends she won't be all cute and quiet anymore. Also, her parents didn't come home often, so she never got used to being complimented.

"T-thank you... "

They merely smiled, some smiles were bigger than others, like Mikan's and Narumi's, but a smile is a smile.

"Now, Mikan-chan, Hoshika-chan," he started, his finger up in the air, "About your enrollment at Alice Academy.. You've both been accepted!" They both started lifting their hands up, "Yay, yay! Banzai, banzai-"

Narumi interjected, "But only temporarily, in order to officially enroll, you need to pass a certain test during your one-week probation period." He explained to both girls. Mikan looked significantly less excited. "A test? ..Yay.." Hoshika was alright with a test, she was smart enough for her age, she thought at least.

"Don't worry, it'll be simple," Narumi gestured, "Now, you'll both be joining Class B of the elementary division." An image of what the classmates might look like popped into Hoshika's head. "All you have to do is cooperate with, get along with, and be accepted by your classmates. The academy will watch what you do, and determine your Alice level."

"Seems easy enough, right, Mikan?" Hoshika asked and the light brown haired girl nodded her head.

A knock at the door was heard before a voice spoke, "Class representatives from Class B elementary division, coming in." Two students walked though the doorway.

"Did you call for us?" A very familiar voice asked. Hoshika and Mikan turned to see their dearest friend Hotaru.

"Hotaru!" Mikan yelled, but stayed where she stood. Her mouth was open and she was gobsmacked. They settled on a bus and Mikan still stared at Hotaru. "We know her," Hoshika confirmed for them.