Chapter 13: The Court of Miracles

——————————🔔——————————

"Ah, we have to find the Court of Miracles before daybreak." Phoebus groaned, crawling out from under the table.

"If Frollo gets there first—are you two coming with me?"

"Yes, of course!" (Y/n) said, eagerly.

"I can't." Quasimodo said.

"What?"

"I thought you were Esmeraldo's friend?" Phoebus accused.

"Frollo's my master. I can't disobey him again."

"But Quasi, he stood up for us." (Y/n) told him.

"You've got a funny way of showing gratitude." Phoebus said. "Well, I'm not going to sit by and watch Frollo massacre innocent people. You do what you think is right."

Phoebus made his way down the stairs and Quasimodo turned to see (Y/n) and the gargoyles looking at him disapprovingly.

"What? What am I supposed to do? Go out there and rescue the guy who's trying to take my sister away from the jaws of death, and the whole town will cheer like I'm some kind of a hero?"

"Take me away from you? Quasi, is that what you think?" (Y/n) asked in shock.

"Well, you've clearly got your knight in shining armor. You have no need for me anymore. Frollo was right. Frollo was right about everything. I'm tired of trying to be something I'm not."

"Quasi, just because I have someone new that I love in my life, doesn't take any love away from you. You're my brother. My brother who was always there for me when I was sick, or feeling sad. I'm never not going to want you in my life."

She grabbed his hand and pointed to his palm.

"Your not a monster, remember? I've always believed that you were just as human as me or anyone else. You're a kind, sweet and smart person who was always willing to do anything for the people he cared about. And right now, one of those people needs your help."

Quasimodo looked up into his sister's pleading eyes and sighed. He always had trouble saying 'no' to her, and she was right. He couldn't leave Esmeraldo and all those innocent gypsies to be killed.

Laverne tapped his shoulder and handed them cloaks. (Y/n) grabbed one and put it on, and Quasimodo grabbed his and looked at it.

"I must be out of my mind." He sighed, before throwing the cape on and following (Y/n).

...

Downstairs, Phoebus opened the door that led out of the church when (Y/n) and Quasimodo's faces appeared upside down in front of him.

"Phoebus!" They whispered, making him yelp.

"We're coming with you."

"Glad you changed your mind, Quasimodo."

"I'm not doing it for you or him. I'm doing it for (Y/n)."

"You know where he is?"

"Sort of. He said this would help us find him." (Y/n) pulled out the woven necklace Esmeraldo had given her.