Chapter 2: Encouragement

——————————🔔——————————

Twenty years have passed and Quasimodo and (Y/n) were now adults. Quasimodo's face was still misshapen, and he had a large hunchback, but his soul was pure and gentle and beautiful.

(Y/n) on the other hand, grew up to be a beautiful young lady, with her (h/l) (h/c) hair, beautiful (e/c) eyes and smooth (s/c) skin. And she was just as beautiful within as she was without. She never once thought her twin brother was ugly or hideous. To her, he was perfect just the way he was, and she loved him with all her heart.

Quasimodo and (Y/n) had just finished ringing the bells for today, and they went out into the balcony where some gargoyles stood and looked out over the city.

They looked at each other and smiled before they turned to a chubby gargoyle. The statue's mouth was open and inside it was a birds nest that had a little baby bird in it.

"Good morning little guy!" (Y/n) cooed at the bird.

The bird chirped happily in response.

"Will today be the day? Are you ready to fly?" Quasimodo asked.

The bird chirped nervously.

"Are you sure? It's a good day to try." (Y/n) told him.

Quasimodo reached forward and scooped the bird into his hands.

"Why, if-if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it. The Festival of Fools."

Down below, there were multiple tents set up for the festival that was going to take place.

"It will be fun! With jugglers and-and-and music and dancing."

Quasimodo gently tossed bird up, and it flapped his wings and hovered in the air. The bird chirped happily at his accomplishment, before landing in (Y/n)'s hands.

A flock of birds flew past them and the little bird looked between them and (Y/n) excitedly.

The girl chuckled at the little bird. "Go on. No one wants to be cooped up here forever."

The bird flew away and the two watched it fly off with a mixture of happiness and sadness.

Suddenly, the gargoyle that had the nest in its mouth came to life and spit the nest out.

"Aw man! I thought he'd never leave! I'll be spittin out feathers for a week." Hugo complained.

"Well that's what you get for sleeping with your mouth open." A skinnier gargoyle named Victor scolded.

Hugo laughed sarcastically. "Go scare a nun. Hey, Quasi, (Y/n), what's going on out there? A fight? A flogging?"

"A festival." Victor said excitedly.

Hugo perked up. "You mean the Festival of Fools?"

"Uh-huh."

"Alright, alright! Pour the wine and cut the cheese."

"It is a treat to watch the colorful pageantry of the simple peasant folk."