chapter 2

I guess I'm lucky that I live so close to school, because it only takes me around three minutes to get to the gates from my house. Maybe less.

The cars stop for me at the zebra crossing, and I walk across like a proud motherfucker, thanking the cars as I stroll towards the black gates.

My favourite part of the day is seeing my friends. Actually, thats wrong. My favourite part of the day is drinking tea, then seeing my friends. Gotta be honest, right?

I usually meet Lily and Sarah in the canteen around 20 minutes before lessons begin, and we just usually end up talking about anything and everything.

I arrive, making my way over to our favourite spot near the back of the canteen. There used to be a food pod inside here, but since the new block has been built, running two canteens would be a big job which our school most likely cannot afford.

Before I know it, Lily is walking over to me with a big grin on her face, her long blonde hair swishing behind her as she all but runs to me, waving her hands like the fucking maniac she is.

I laugh and get up to smack her arm before she grabs a hold on my upper arms and begins to shake me, making the words that were about to come out of my mouth sound like a wheezing gorilla who shoved one too many bananas in his mouth.

I smack her arm and she pulls back squealing at me like a fucking toddler. I already know why she's this excited.

You see, Lily has had this fat crush on a guy in my music class called Aaron. He plays guitar and gives off 'mystery guy' vibes which makes him all the more...enticing?

I turn to her, raising my eyebrows because I have no fucking clue how to raise one eyebrow. I mean how the hell does that even work? Whenever I try to practice a sexy-one-eyebrow-lift thingy, I look like a rat having a seizure, which kinda defeats the objective of it being sexy am I right?

She drags me over to our seats, making me stumble before falling down onto mine. I swivel around to face her and yet again, raise my eyebrows up, probing her to tell me what news she's gotten now.

"He said hi to me" she all but shouts.

A cheeky smirk starts to form on my face as I look at her, a slight red tinge brushing over her cheeks.

"Well, what did you say?"

"I said hi back, duh."

"That's definitely progress" I nod, feeling relieved that she's finally started to get some action, even if it's just a simple hi.

"He had his guitar on the bus and when he saw me get on the bus, I for real thought he was going to play me a song."

I snorted, earning me a glare from Lily as I tried to contain a laugh from erupting out of my mouth.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself babes. He hardly knows you enough to start singing sappy love songs to you in front of a judgy crowd of sweaty english men who just came out of a pub, drunk out of their asses at eight in the morning."I replied.

"I was only.. never mind. You're such a party pooper Lizzie."

Yeah doesn't seem like a Muslim name right? Well my real name is Eliza, but my friends just call me Lizzie. I kind of like it.

"Trust me, I'm sure you would prefer him to sing you a song alone, otherwise he would embarrass both of you, especially if he's not a good singer."

"I know he's a good singer already"

"What, have you been watching him through his window or some shit?" I joke, wiggling my eyebrows at Lilies flustered face.

"No bitch, Jas told me she'd heard him sing in the music room when he was practicing for the school play."

Jas was a mutual. She was a drama student who is way to hyper for me, but she always made you feel like you were in a party when you were with her, and God knows I need some kind of fun in my life, so I tolerated her. Plus, she always made triple chocolate muffins and brought them to school.

What? I liked muffins. Who doesn't?

"C'mon, it's time for class. I don't want to be late otherwise Mr Casey will email my mum and I cannot be doing with that today. She's already pissed at me for getting drunk on her stupid vodka over the weekend. I mean, what do you expect with it out on the counter all day. I was tempted okay." Lily rambled.

We get up and make our way out of the canteen to lesson.

I laughed along, remembering that embarrassing video Lily had sent me on Saturday of her licking behind the dogs ears saying something about how she should give back what she gets.

"Oh yeah, especially when you nearly scared Gucci away by pretending like you were a damn dog."

She scowles and shoves my shoulder making me laugh even louder at her antics.

Yeah, she has a dog named Gucci. I have no idea why and I'v been friends with her for almost five years now.

"Where is Sarah today? She's usually never this late." I look up to Lily to see her frowning at her phone.

"Have you checked the group. She said that she's not very well and will call later."

I grabbed my bag from my shoulder and rummaged around in it, looking for my phone.

Shit.

I left it at home. I was too caught up in sorting my messy hijab out and then I tripped and forgot to grab my phone from my bed. It's probably stuffed under the pile of clothes on my bed from me trying to find a decent outfit.

"I left it at home. I'll text her later."

"Alright, I'll catch up with you at break, I have physics now." Lily sighed and stalked off.

"Bye BFG."

Don't worry, I'm not a bully. Lily is just like a head taller than me and because I'm such a shortass, she's a giant compared to me. But the best giant ever.

I walk along the now bustling courtyard towards block four, preparing myself for the long day ahead. I have music now and although we cover so much more content that GCSE, I still love it. It's my comfort lesson.

Pulling open the glass doors to the block, I make my way towards my classroom, sighing in contentment when I spot the rest of my classmates through the door.

Well, this is going to be fun.