Prologue: Vampires Exist

So you've all heard of Henrik Mikaelson, but what of his twin sister Nora Mikaelson? No, well she died as well. Because of the werewolves. She had sneaked out the same night as her brothers Henrik and Niklaus. Ayana, found her close to death the next morning and did a spell. Which would insure one day Nora would return, reincarnated. Except, there was a consequence. Each reincarnation was cursed, not to live past the age of twelve. Just like the Original.

Nora was first reborn in the body of Ariel Petrova. Second younger sister of Katerina Petrova. She died shortly before Katerina became pregnant. In fact it was the death of her baby sister that lead Katerina into the arms of the man who got her pregnant. Anyway Nora died of tuberculosis, which had no cure back then. But now can be treated with antibiotics.

Now she has been reborn again, in the body of Lillie Gilbert. On October 22nd the year 2000. The younger sister of Elena and Jeremy Gilbert. She currently eight, turning nine and aside from her parents death. Was living a happy, healthy life. With no knowledge that she'd dead in three years. Unless they found a loophole or break the curse placed on her.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves. This story started when Elena and Lillie find out that vampires exist. They confronted Stefan, but left when he confirmed their suspicion. But now they are at the grill in public, ready to speak to him.

(September 30th, 2009) Lillie's POV

"You didn't have to come Lillie" Elena tells me as we waited for Stefan outside the Grill.

"We're in this together big sister" I tell her with a smile. Stefan joins us.

"You said you would explain everything. That's why I asked you to meet me here. When you Google "vampire" you get a world of fiction. What's the reality?" she asks him.

"I can tell you both whatever you wanna know" he assures her.

"How come you don't sparkle in the sun?" I ask and Elena gives me a look. "What? I'm curious" I tell her and Stefan smiles gently.

"Vampires burn in the sun in real life" he tells me. "Damon and I, we have rings that protect us" he states. Showing us his ring. Which he had once told Elena was a family heirloom.

"Crucifixes?" Elena asks him.

"Decorative" he says.

"Holy water?" she asks.

"Drinkable" he answers.

"Mirrors?" she asks next.

"Myth" he states.

"You said you don't kill to survive" she states.

"Animal blood keeps me alive, but not as strong as Damon. He can be very powerful" he tells us.

"Then how did you put him down?" I ask confused.

"With vervain, it's a herb that weakens vampires and keeps us from compelling people" he explains.

"Why did you let him get involved with Caroline?" Elena asks him. Care is my favourite baby sitter. She always took me shopping when she baby sat me. So it worried me when I saw her hurt at the founder's party.

"Forcing Damon not to do something is much more dangerous, believe me" Stefan tells us.

"He was hurting her" we snap.

"He was feeding on her" he corrects us. "He was able to take away her memories of being bitten using a form of mind compulsion. She never knew what was happening to her. If he wanted to kill her, he would have" he explains.

"Is that supposed to make it ok?" Elena asks me.

"No. No, none of this is ok, Elena. I know that" he assures her.