Imagine: He protects you - michael

You shuffled in bed as you heard a ruffling outside.At first it wasn't a big deal,just a little noise here and there.You didn't pay much mind to it. That was...until you heard several clattered noises.You immediately sat up and looked to your right to see Michael still dozing away. How can he sleep with all this noise? You shook him a little,your heartbeat increased with every rattle outside.

"Michael?!" you hissed.

He restlessly turned towards you and fluttered his sleepy eyes open.

"Michael,I heard someone outside." you whispered,looking back outside.

He sleepily turned towards you and assured you that you were just hearing things. He lazily closed his eyes again and rolled to his side,barely laying down for two minutes before he heard it too. The sound that drowned you both of sleep. He worriedly looked towards you only to be greeted by the World's best 'I Told You So'look on your face. He returned the face with a "Whatever" look on his face. Michael grabbed the emergency baseball bat he always kept by his bedside. 

"Pfft,and you said this wouldn't come in handy." he said with a satisfied smirk.

"Just go." you replied as you rolled your eyes.

You both creeped outside,opening the screen to the backyard with extreme silence. Surprisingly, the robber didn't stop the excessive scraping when you got closer. You and Michael looked around cautiously, trying to figure out exactly where the noise was coming from. With Michael's baseball bat in hand and a flashlight in yours,you both would've looked really cool....if you weren't shaking in your pajamas on the verge of peeing your pants. "Hey,I think the sound is coming from over here." He whispered with a brave face but a trembling voice. This was followed by you and Michael taking baby steps towards the now rattling metal bin.

 "Y/N,if we don't make it out of this alive,I love you." He sincerely said. 

 "I love you too." You said with a weak smile plastered on your face. 

 And with that you were off again,taking a mere 5 minutes until you were finally with 1 foot of the trash can. You were confused. And so was Michael. Why was the notice coming from IN the trash? 

 "Whoever's in there must be a contortionist. What's the plan?" You asked,now pumping with adrenaline. 

 "Okay so you're gonna open the lid and I'm gonna hit him,okay?"

 "Okay." 

 Michael held up 1 finger. Then 2. Then 3. You opened the lid with such force and Michael was about to swing with such force...until he saw a glimmer of paws. He then put the baseball bat down,brows furrowed. You,still looking away from what you thought was going to be a bloodbath, slowly looked back at Michael, who was still standing there,baseball bat in had and brows furrowed. You followed his eyes to see what he was looking at only to be greeted with a pair of beady,black eyes. 

"Oh." You slumped your shoulders, feeling foolish. 

 "Its a umm..its a raccoon.' Michael said scratching the back of his head,obviously feeling foolish as well.

 " Well,what are we gonna with it." You questioned as you rocked back and forth on your heels.

 "I guess I'll just umm..carry it out. C'mere little guy. Let's go." Michael said in his best baby voice. 

For some reason,he thought this was the best way to get a raccoon out of your teach can. The raccoon hissed very loudly, earning a very girly scream from Michael. 

 "AHHHHHHHHHH!!" he yelled as he jumped back,his green orbs wide with terror from the foot tall creature,who had already run back into the night,scampering down the street. After Michael caught his breath,he straightened himself up and cleared his throat. 

Then he said in a very forced,deep voice: 

 "And that's how us men do it." You huffed and went back inside,holding in your giggles while you walked away from your very "manly" boyfriend, who was soon basic to catching his breath after you left.