Chapter 7: Narissa

Chapter 7

Narissa's Pov 

          Oh. My. Gods. Did he just . . . ? He did. I put my hand to my lips, just where his had touched mine a minute ago. Xavier Johnson had just kissed me. Kissed. Me. My FIRST kiss! I grinned from ear to ear, squealing. I began to head to the mess hall. It felt like I was walking on air. I entered the very crowded and loud mess hall. A few people I knew waved at me, but I passed them, dazed. I sat at my table with my half brothers and sisters. They all began to question me, asking where I had gone. 

          "Where have you been?" hissed my older sister, Anne. She had dark brown hair and hazel colored eyes. "We've been looking for you everywhere! We almost didn't leave the cabin to go to breakfast because we thought you had gotten lost or something!" I ignored her. I ignored all of them. I couldn't form a single word. I couldn't even open my mouth! Instead, I sat there, wide-eyed, grinning like a fool. I searched the pavilion for him. Finally, I saw the blond boy, talking and laughing with his siblings.  

          Xavier turned around and caught me staring at him, causing me to blush. He blushed in return, giving me a shy smile. I suddenly became very interested in the floor.  

----------------------------------------------------------Time Laps-------------------------------------------------------- 

          I don't really remember what happened after breakfast. I can only recall that Anne stuffed food in my mouth, I went to my classes, and now it was free-time. I was taking a little stroll through the forest when I heard a twig snap. I quickly looked around for anything I could use as a weapon. I found a good sized pointed rock on the ground and secured it in my hand. I whipped around, trying to trace where the sound had come from. Suddenly, two hands grabbed my waist from behind. I screamed and hit whatever held me with the rock in my hand.  

          "Ouch!" someone said, hissing in pain. I whipped my head around to come face to face with . . . Xavier? His hands had some cuts and were now bleeding, thanks to me. I gasped, dropping the rock and covering my mouth with my hands.  

          "I-I didn't mean to! I'm so sorry! Oh my gods, Xavier, I-" he shook his head, smiling through the pain.  

          "I'm alright. Nothing a few bandages can't fix," Xavier said through his gritting teeth.  

          I tried to convince him to go to the infirmary, but Xavier insisted that we go to his cabin. I finally gave up and followed him.  

          Xavier rummaged through a few drawers before finding a first aid kit. After bandaging his hands up, Xavier sat next to me on the floor. I was apologizing insanely, nearly crying at how sorry I was. Xavier just shook his head, smiling.  

          "I'm fine, I promise. I didn't mean to scare you back there, by the way," he said. I finally shut up and nodded.  

          "It's fine. Just, don't do that again. You scared the living daylights out of me!" I exclaimed. Xavier laughed. His laugh was like graceful bells ringing softly. Wow, did that sound crazy or what?  

          "Well, I know that now," he said. We sat there in silence for a few minutes before Xavier finally spoke up. "Hey, um, about what happened this morning. . . " he drawled. I blushed, messing with my fingers. "Sorry if you didn't like what happened. I didn't really mean to- I-I mean, I meant to but- well, I just- um. . . I don't know what came over me and I just did it without thinking. . . I'm so sorry if you're weirded out and all I have no idea-" Xavier continued to babble on and on about Zeus knows what. I couldn't take it anymore. I kissed him full in the mouth, causing him to shut up, blush, and become wide-eyed. After a few seconds, I leaned back. I was just as surprised as he was. Why I did that, I don't know. 

          "Stop apologizing," I mumbled. "I don't regret anything that happened this morning." It took Xavier a few moments to process what happened. Finally, he replied. 

          "I do." I froze. Did he regret the kiss? I thought. "I regret plucking flowers from the ground. Demeter's probably going to get me back for that," Xavier murmured, causing me to laugh lightly. I relaxed again. After a few more awkward minutes, Xavier decides to finally speak up. "So, uh, may-maybe we should go. . . ?" he suggested. I nodded and got up drearily. Xavier stood next to me, and when I say next to me, I mean right next to me. I could feel the warmth of his body from how close we were standing. I looked up into his eyes, forgetting how to breath. Oh. My. Gods. Why did he have to look so, so like that?! I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Shutting my mouth, I blushed a deep color of red. Xavier smirked and began to lean in, slowly. We were so close. . . Of course, Alex just had to have such 'perfect' timing.

          An Apollo camper came in. I couldn't recall his name, but following him was Alex. They were talking about something called Capture the Flag.

          "Remember our last Capture the Flag game? Gods, I can't believe we lost that one," the Apollo kid said, exasperated.

          "That's because they had Ariana and Lukas on their team last time," Alex mumbled, dropping onto one of the beds.

          "Man, Ariana is so ho-" Xavier's half brother never got to finish because he and Alex spotted us. Xavier and I probably jumped a good four feet away from each other.

          "Rissa?" asked Alex. I blushed even more.

          "Xavier?" the Apollo kid asked. I forgot how to talk. 

          "What are you guys doing here?" asked Alex.

          "We. . . um. . ." I began to stutter. Xavier saved me.

          "I got a few cuts on my hand," he said abruptly. "So we went here and I had Narissa help me clean my hands up." I nodded. Xavier's half brother just shrugged, but Alex stared at us hard. There was something in his eyes, but it disappeared before I could tell what it was. Weird. . . 

          "W-well, I better go," I said, letting out a small, shaky laugh. "I have to go to my next class. Bye, boys." I turned and made my way to the door.

          "Um, we have like twenty minutes before our next classes start, Rissa," called Alex. I ignored him and dashed out of the door, my heart beating like a drum.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sup mortals? So sorry for not updating in forever :s School. . . ugh. hate it -.- Anywayyy, sorry for the sucky chapter. Tell me what you think :)

                                                          Comment, fan, & vote!!!