Prologue

"Dad why did mom leave with Anna and Zoè?" I ask hoping this was one of his good moods. He hasn't drank anything all day so he might just be reasonable and answer my question truthfully.
"Iris I don't have time to listen to a thousand questions I have to leave." Alex my dad said.
"Where are you going?" I ask already knowing the answer.
"I don't see why that's any of your concern, but if you just have to know I'm going to The Night Raven." He jumps into the red beat up truck and started the engine up. Well... He's going to go get drunk and bring home some ugly smelly drunk women. I sigh. How wonderful. My two sisters Anna and Zoè live with our mother Samantha. She wanted to keep us all but my father got me. Like it was some kind of bargin or something.
"Anyway when I get back we'll have guests so make sure the house is clean. Got that?" He demands it more than asks. I nod looking down at my feet. I feel a sting on my face.
"That's for not answering me correctly!" I rub my cheek not really reacting to the sensation since I'm so used to all my farthers punishments.
"Yes sir." I reply turning on my heel and heading towards the house. I hear my farther pull out of the driveway. I start to pick up all the mess from this morning my fathers dirty clothes are strewn everywhere along with old dish plates and snacks. Nothing there was from me I don't eat breakfast. Most of the time I skip lunch and dinner just depends on wether my dad thinks I deserve it or not. As for other accessories that I might want are all in my room the only new things I get are for my birthday and thats just from mom and my sisters.
After a while I finally get done with chores and its around twelve a clock at night. Thats when I heard the sound of laughter. I walk to the window to see my dad and his friends pouring out of the vehicle. Great the two biggest alcoholic's are here Dexter and Andrew. Better go get the beer. I walk to the fridge and pool out a couple of bottles. I hear the door bang open and then shut again a few minutes later they all start wobbling into the tiny kitchen. Great there already high. I stand in the corner of the kitchen with my arms folded over my chest.
"Where's the food?" Karin one of my dads girlfriend yells. Alex turns to me. "Thats what I would like to know." He stumbles over towards me glowering down.
"You didn't tell me to fix anything." I defend myself. Even if he's my dad and ten times stronger than me I won't give in to his cr@#.
"Are you back talking me?" He says a little bit to calmly. "Because if you are you know what that means." I tense up at the thought. Somethings you can never get used to.
"Oooh." I hear his other girlfriend Sandra say with a smirk plastered on her face. I glare at her. Who does she think she is?! I'll beat her into an oblivion.
My 'dad' snatches me up by my shirt.
"I'm tired of your attitude." He growls throwing me back up against the wall. Something snaps in me like a snake waiting for its pray, but never catching one and then finally caught between its jaws like a rat in a mouse trap you have him. Without thinking I snatch up a beer bottle and slam it down on his head. It breaks spraying beer everywhere on him and his friends. For a moment he's fazzed stepping back a little but then he regains his focuse and screams.
"Why you little-!" Before he finishes he lunges at me I dash out of the way. I stop by the table and shove one of the wooden chairs at him. Next I notice his friends joining the little frenzy so I dash out of the hall and all the way to my bedroom. I'll regert this tomorrow. I'll pay in a way I never have before. I shiver at the thought. No. I will not falter if I fall I will stand again. I won't go down without a fight, because
I'm a survivor!