Author's Note

Author's Note:

I'm sure we can all find a bit of ourselves in the new Prime Video series based on the New York Times bestselling book The Summer I Turned Pretty, written Jenny Han (who also wrote To All the Boys I've Loved Before)! It has a bit of romance to relate to everyone: love triangles, childhood friends, and tanned summer boys. Which romance trope can you fit into? Better yet, who can fit into all three like Belly?

In a partnership with Wattpad & Prime Video, I have been asked to write a spin-off chapter of Silently Falling! Who better to write this one-shot about than Toby and Alyse? I don't want to take away from Raine & West's romance story, as there's much more to their tale than simply romance, however I think Toby and Alyse are a perfect match for this amazing partnership! After all, y'all are always asking me to make some sort of spin-off for the pair! So, here it is. My spin-off is the story of how Toby and Alyse met as children, how their love story wasn't always written in the stars, and how they came to be together. Thank you to The Summer I Turned Pretty for the inspiration, and I encourage you all to go give it a read and add the new Prime Video series to your summer watch-list!

Check out the synopsis of The Summer I Turned Pretty below:

A new series based on the New York Times bestselling book. Every summer, Belly and her family head to the Fishers' beach house in Cousins. Every summer is the same ... until Belly turns sixteen. Relationships will be tested, painful truths will be revealed, and Belly will be forever changed. It's a summer of first love, first heartbreak and growing up — it's the summer she turns pretty.

Watch the official trailer! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfAueqEab30