eager

The door clicked closed, locking in the process.

He watched her as she looked down at her feet slapping them against one another.

He stood in front of her

She remembered not to make him angry.

By default, she looked up almost into his eyes but then looked at the wall just behind his head.

She felt him trying to gain eye contact with her as she subtly tried to move her gaze from the wall above his head and back down to her feet without a glance in his direction at all.

He stepped forward moving closer to the bed, she could see his knees when she looked down at her thighs. 

This whole not looking in his eyes thing, is going to be quite difficult to do now.

He kept his eyes open and focused on her face, even in this proximity.

He waited as her eyes eventually connected with his.

He smiled before shaking his head and busied himself trying to ignore her entire presence.

Eventually, he found himself across the room, facing away from her.

Setting his hands flat on top of the dresser, he spoke frustrated,

"What?!"

He asked as he spun around and faced her, noticing she was looking elsewhere once he was turned.

Watched her for a bit as she continued to slap her foot on top of the other emitting a small tapping noise as she did, unbeknownst to her that he was before her, until he took a hold of her ankles, stopping her movement, and startling her all at once.

"Stop. You'll hurt yourself."

His voice softened into a lower register as he absentmindedly caressed her silkened skin under his fingertips.

She thought back to what was said earlier and kept her gaze at her feet, more so her toes as they weren't close to where his hands were, so gazing at her toes as they curled and u curled and moved about was better because her eyeline was nowhere near where his hands were so it was as if she wasn't looking at him at all.

"Hmmm?"

He lightly shook her feet in his hands, dainty as they were, waiting for an answer.

She just shook her head continuing to keep her gaze away from his by all means.

Eventually, he let her go, returning to the dresser where he stood removing his jewelry and placing each item in its rightful places, before heading into the closet to remove his clothing as well.

The shower had been going on for a while before finally stopping. However, the door to the bathroom hadn't been open just yet. An even longer time passed before the door and its steam entered the bedroom.

He emerged fully dressed for bed as he walked the short distance to the side of the bed, raising the window, and like a bellow of smoke the steam that heated the room, exited, evaporating into the night sky.