Chapter Ten

Phil found Dan at the exact spot he was terrified of finding him at: standing on the railings of the bridge, looking out down into the water. It was dark by then, and if Dan jumped, Phil would lose sight of him. Saving him would be improbable.

The older one drew nearer to his friend as he continuously glared at the water. Dan felt the chilly night breeze blow through his chestnut hair. His flesh rose with goosebumps and his hands were shaking. Was he really going to do it? But if he didn't, what did he have left to carry on for? That's exactly it. Not one thing came to his mind.

Footsteps punded behind Dan, and he knew that it would be Phil. 

"Dan," he said slowly and out of breath. "Please get down."

The younger one refused to turn around. "Go, Phil." 

Phil's voice was more desperate now. "We can talk about this, please. Don't let go of the railing. Just turn around and I can help you down. We can go home; we can forget about this." 

"I can't," Dan muttered, still staring at the water beneath him. 

"You can." Phil studied his friend's face, watching to see if he was really going to do it. He was expressionless and hard to read. That wasn't a good sign. 

"Get the fuck away from me, Phil!" 

"Fine," Phil mumbled, then beginning to walk away. Dan turned his head to watch Phil walk away for a second, and then looked back beneath him. 

He watched the water for a minute, and without knowing it, Dan felt his arms give up on holding onto the side of the bridge. But he didn't fall. Two pale arms wrapped around his waist and pulled him back. Dan fell to the ground, and his head hit the pavement. The last thing he remembered before his vision went black was the stars shining in the black sky, and Phil's voice repeating his name over and over and over again.

_______________________________

Yes, I'm actually alive. 

I am so sorry for not updating for the longest time. I'm also sorry this is short. I literally had to force myself to sit down and write, and this is all I could come up with for now.

This is not how I wanted the story to go at all, but I had to keep all of you in mind. The last chapter of this story will be the next one. That WILL be the end of it, so please, don't ask me to update after the next chapter.

Vote and comment if you want.

Okay, thanks for being patient with me. I'm not sure when I'm going to update my other stories yet. x