Chapter 16 ~a part of the past (5)~

Inside of Noah's dream, he was currently experiencing the most traumatic memories, once again.
Opening his eyes to the room, that had light shining in from the window, with the desk in front of it. Sitting behind that desk was a man.

This room was filled with books on all sides. It looked like a library, but it was not.
'Why, why am I-'
Unable to think straight, Noah suddenly stood up. His quick movements attracted the attention of the older man in front of him.

The man stood up, and went in front of Noah. He looked down on him, Tilted his head, and crouched down.
Noah was currently in his 7 year old body. The years of when, he had experienced torture, those were the memories he was seeing now.

Noah - "U-uncle...?"
The man made a small noise, replying to Noah, urging him to continue.
This man, was Noah's uncle, Ichijou Sho. The younger brother of Noah's father, whom he(N) hated, but also feared.

Not getting a reply from Noah-
No, Shoji, Sho - his uncle, starts speaking - "What is it Shoji? Is something wrong? Do you have a problem with the questions?"

Despite it being a saimpal question, asking Shoji, if he had any trouble with his studies, 'Noah' knew otherwise.
'I don't understand how I got here but, I can't answer it carelessly. If I answer with yes, which of course I wouldn't, then... he will-'

You're better off not thinking of it, host.
Shoji's eyes widened in shock, making Sho, even more curious.

'System?'
Yes, it is I, your loyal system. Due to your constantly absorbed mana, from having to re-establish your contract with Sir.Cor, you had suffered quite a bit. However, we never saw a situation, where you will be experiencing a memory, from you second life.
Please forgive this overlook on my behalf.
I shall guide you through, to make sure you make it out of here. Remember host, none of this is real. It's just your memories re-playing, and you have complete control of the situation.
Now, please answer this scumbag's questions with easy, following what I say -

"Nothing, Uncle Sho, it is just that I am hungry. Please forgive me for my sudden movements, if I in case startled you."

Despite the systems quick answers and decisions, Shoji followed along, without even batting an eye, and said what the system had told him.
Shoji's uncle, Sho raised his eyebrow and questioned - "Well, have you finished your work?"
Sho was referring to the work he had given to the young Shoji, which always consisted of various subjects, ranging from elementary to university level.

If Shoji ever got even one question wrong, he was punished by his uncle.
It was no simple punishment, of course not. He was abused. He was continuously tortured using many methods, until he got the right answer.
Shoji had to suffer this abuse from 6 to 13.
13, the same age as when he started to become addicted to video games.

Shoji replied in return, "I have yet to, however, I shall finish it in 5 minutes. Please excuse me, Uncle Sho. I will get to it right away."

Shoji excusing himself, went right to finishing all that he was given.
'This much is easy, knowing all of this already, I'm worried. I just... need to find a way to return back.'
Yes. Do not worry, Host, I've already started to prepare all that is needed. You will be out in a while. Lord Arteus is as well, going to help you.

'Arteus...'
As soon as Shoji heard 'Aretus', he gained confidence.
It was not that he had no trust in the system, however, it was indeed very comforting to know that someone he loves would also be helping.

Soon, Shoji finished his work, as his uncle Sho had continued to watch. After Shoji finished, he was taken to the dining room by his uncle, where he started to eat, also, remembering his traumatic experience.