1. A New Workplace

He woke up as soon as his phone's alarm began to ring. Officer Jack was just getting ready to go to his new workplace - The State Security Department, a shiny new building in the city of Silverlake City. He grabbed his new silver badge, put on the typical black jacket of an undercover police officer, and drove off into the city. He was promoted as a special agent in the Security Department after he proved his potential working as a cop in Glassden City. The two cities were not so apart and so it took just 35 minutes on the bike for Jack to report to his new duty.

"Welcome to the SSD, Officer Jack", his senior, Officer Kelly began.

SSD was just a fancy name for a police station.

"Unlike your previous duty as a police officer, you'll need to present yourself at the right place at the right time, before anything happens".

"To make sure it doesn't?" interrupted Jack.

"Yes. Now, are you ready for your first mission?" asked Kelly, as if giving Jack a choice.

"Yes, sir", Jack responded immediately.

"Go investigate the Berkley neighborhood. Our reports tell us that there is a local gang which is helping an underworld syndicate smuggle weapons into the country. I need you to search the area for any gang activities and report back to me."

Before Jack could say anything, Kelly added, "And Jack, this is your communication unit, it will let you call the police headquarters, it has GPS too, you shouldn't have any problems finding your way through the city", handing over the shiny black phone-like piece.

Jack put the communications unit in his pocket and drove off to Berkley Street.

***

Meanwhile in the Defense and Research Facility, a heavily-guarded scientist was talking about his latest creation. Defense and Research Facility had been seeing technological advancements since its inauguration by the President in the 1950's. The heavily-guarded scientist, Robert, was one of the few present during its inauguration. Since then, he has been doing his researches sitting inside this very building. An expert in various subjects as well but neuroscience in particular, Robert owns the credit for many significant discoveries.

In the midst of armed security agents, in a large room with a select few sitting a meter away from Robert's podium, the old scientist started his speech.

"Today is yet another day of great significance to this country, because I and my team of researchers have made a remarkable discovery. It is an important breakthrough in what we know about the working of our brain."

With this sentence, our heroic scientist started the description of his 'discovery'.