Chapter 6.0 Conclusions and Recommendations

6.1 Problems Encountered

A few problems occurred throughout the project. The main issue when no data was appearing in the input matrix on the Dictionary VI, which meant that there was no data to copy and paste. Thus, it made any digital outputs using commands impossible.

In addition, it was observed that unlike the Boolean indicators that automatically deactivate after a few seconds, the LEDs would stay on.

While the outputs worked consistently for the most part, there were still occasions where the wrong indicator would be activated, or no command would be recognized at all despite being recorded in the Dictionary VI.

6.2 Conclusion

The fix for the input matrix issue was adjusting one of the values in the Pre-Processing VI down to 1.5. This value controlled the amount of noise that went into the system. Because the value was too high, no data was being detected.

For the LEDs staying on, it was later learned that the potential fix for this was to add resistors from the positive end of the LED to ground, as the voltage in the LED had no reference.

Finally, regarding the issue of the wrong indicators being activated and/or the commands not being recognized, it could be due to the commands producing similar input data and/or unwanted noise entering the system, causing interference. There were occasions where there was background noise during recording.

6.3 Recommendations

If using this code or any similar programming (Or just recording in general), make sure there is little to no noise in the background as it can cause interference and the system would not work properly. Also, speak loud and clearly enough into the microphone.

Another recommendation is to expand the project further. Potential ideas include but are not limited to:

· Add more commands in the Dictionary VI

· Modify the code to deactivate an LED/Indicator

· Modify the code to send outputs that control other devices such as a microchip