Chp. 30 - Shadows

"Alrighty... Um..." Dr. Maraya then scrolled through her notes.
"Well, the good news is that we can get started on what trait would be compatible for your eldest so we'll be able to fight back his sickness ahead of time before it gets worse."
Dr. Maraya began, looking up at CQ.
The woman was still fiddling with her fingers, nodding slightly.
,,Okay... Uh... And... And how does that work?"
She asked carefully, tapping with her foot lightly on ground.

"We'll take Geno to another room and have a machine get him checked and see which trait would be okay with him."
Dr. Maraya explained. "For the other good news... This is more concerning on the topic of... The mark."
Dr. Maraya then softly whispered the last part.
CQ shuddered lightly. ,,What... what about it?"
She asked carefully, rubbing once again  her arm.

Dr. Maraya then glanced at Asy and Comyet, who just looked quite confused.
"Well, I'll have you know that they... Shouldn't... Go after your family anymore... Now that Error has the mark."
Dr. Maraya softly spoke and Asy raised a brow in concern.
,,Mhm..." Was the only answer the pink haired human gave. She looked slightly away.

Asy then carefully patted CQ in worry before hugging her gently. "Thank you Dr. Maraya."
"Anytime... It's best if you go back to your children now, they might be wondering where you three are."
"Speaking of which, I'll have to go and grab Ink from home." Comyet sweatdropped.
"You left Ink alone?" "What? No! I got him a babysitter!" Comyet huffed childishly.
"I would never leave Ink alone, he would get anxiety at being alone, I would never." Comyet frowned lightly.

CQ nodded slightly, tilting her head, before looking at Dr. Maraya. ,,Uhm... yeah, thank you..."
She mumbled out, blinking a bit, before waving slightly at the doctor and going back to her children quickly.
"He'll get through this CQ." Comyet smiled gently, waving at CQ before quickly leaving.
Asy then walking after CQ as well to see that Error was covering one of his eyesockets and looking around curiously again.

CQ looked at her sons and quickly went to them, petting them on their heads - except Fresh, no petting for him, he was in coma.
Geno giggled and leaned into the petting.
Error then blinked at the petting, glancing up at her mother and smiling softly a bit before looking around again and blinking a bit.
'Nightymare...? Are you... In the room?' Error curiously asked, squinting his eyesockets a bit.

,,Uhm... Yeah?" Nightmare answered carefully.
,,Why? Do you need me?" CQ sat herself near her children down, looking thoughtfully at the three.
'There's this... Particular shadow... He looks so much like you! Tentacles and everything!' Error chirped.
'Ooh! Ooh! Can you wave? What if I'm actually really seeing you?'
Well yeah, Error has his head tilted at a particular direction, eerily dead on to where Nightmare is currently positioned.
He seems also excited too as he was trying his best to not burst.

,,Uhm... Alright." Nightmare answered and the shadow began waving slowly.
CQ looked at Error. ,,Uhm... Ruru, what are you looking at?" She asked carefully.
Error's eyes suddenly sparkled and he gasped. "I can see you!"
Error softly squealed out in accident, jumping in his seat now.

"See who?" Asy blinked, looking around in confusion and Error blinked. "Mama! Mama! I can see a shadow friend!"
Error pointed at Nightmare's shadow, Asy glanced over and blinked, seeing nothing.
"Guess Error's seeing shadow demons now." Asy muttered under his breath.

,,Uhm..." CQ frowned slightly and looked at Error in worry.
,,That's... that's nice, sweetie!" She then said, rubbing slightly her arm.
,,Really?! That's so cool!" Nightmare hummed. ,,Now I can always wave at you, hehe."
'Yeye! Hiii!' Error just waved at Nightmare more, bouncing excitedly in his seat excitedly now.
'This is so cool! I never really thought I'd be able to see you like this! You look really cool and creepy and it's so awesome!' Ah, Error's rambling now.