20. Love is about Confidence

Abhay was ambling towards his car with Anusha, their fingers were entertwined together however Anusha could see that Abhay's attention was somewhere else.

"Abhay--" Anusha whispered and took her husband's attention towards herself.

Abhay turned towards Anusha and continued to stare at his wife's beautiful face which was glowing as always. Anusha cupped his face and started tracing his cheekbones delicately with her fingers.

"What's wrong, what are you thinking?" Anusha questioned.

"I--I, just dislike her so much." Abhay replied and kept on frowning. It took Anusha a second to realise what her husband was directing towards and when she understood the meaning behind his words she started chuckling.

"It's alright. Don't think too much over what she said to me." Anusha said and kept on comforting her furious husband.

"It's not alright Anusha. It's not! I didn't like the way she disregarded you and how even in her right mind can she consider you as some maid. She could have said something else probably a relative or a friend but no she chose to associate you as a maid. The moment I saw her I knew she would have not changed. When we were kids she used to come at our place often and she always had this tendency of looking down at every one. I used to think that probably she would change with time but the way she spoke to you today made me realised that neither she can learn from her mistakes nor she can change." Abhay fumed.

Anusha kept on staring at her husband in pure admiration and decided to take the matter in her own hands.

"Whatever others think about me or whatever they say about me doesn't bother me much because I know I have people who know my worth and love me for who I am. I have you and our family with me then why should I stress over petty things." Anusha said making Abhay smile.

Anusha stood on her toes and tried to match her husband's height. The moment she stood on her tippy toes she pecked Abhay's forehead gently and stared at him with genuine love and adoration.

"I love you my cute little wife." Abhay Snickered while pointing out the clear height difference between them.

"Shut up." Anusha whined while hitting Abhay's shoulders slightly.

Both of them kept on laughing and giggling while looking at each other with pure love.

"Let's go we are getting late." Anusha said while fiddling with Abhay's collar.

"Okay let's go." Abhay chuckled and pecked his wife's cheek making her blush.

Both of them sauntered towards the car and started heading towards their destination.

-------------------------------------------------------

It was around nine in the night and the Gupta family was about to have their dinner. Mrs Gupta was preparing dinner with Anusha and the other members were sitting around the dinner table. Once everyone was seated and their plates were filled with the dishes, the entire family started digging in.

"Wow! The food is too delicious." Karan said while having his dinner.

"Ofcourse it has to be delicious after all Anusha has prepared it." Mrs Gupta said adding in the information.

"I must say Bhabhi(sister in law) your hands are magical." Rohan said while giving a thumbs-up to Anusha.

On the other hand Anusha suddenly felt shy because of all the praises.

"I agree, the food is yummy." Komal said bringing the attention towards her.

"Thanks Komal." Anusha replied nodding her head in acknowledgement.