7

Miranda and Ben spent time after breakfast talking some more and laughing. Ben made her feel like a teenage girl the way she was blushing consistently. She felt butterflies in her stomach being around him.

"So the station is having a dinner tonight do you want to go to that ?" Ben questioned.

"Oh yeah that would be nice to meet your co-workers." Miranda smiled.

Ben smiled at her as she leaned into his chest. They were watching star wars and he already saw it with Miranda multiple times but these were the one that came out after 2008 so he let her watch them again.

"Babe can you get some more popcorn?" Miranda asked.

"Yeah I got you." Ben replied getting up.

Miranda looked at their wedding photos and she smiled pausing the TV. She looked at the shelf with all the pictures and she pulled out the big two photo albums and sat back on the couch.

Ben came into the room and he sat the popcorn on the table before sitting beside her again. He pulled Miranda into him. Sitting the first album on his lap and putting the other one on the arm rest beside him.

Miranda flipped open the book and she smiled at the picture of her and Ben, they looked so young in picture, she knew it had to be when the first got together. 

Miranda looked at the young pictures of Tuck and Ben. One of the pictures look like Ben was showing him how to ride a bike.

"You are a great father." Miranda smiled as she flipped to the next page.

Miranda looked at the cross word picture and then looked back at Ben waiting for him to tell her what was the significance of it.

Ben smiled and pointed to 21 across. "My question to you?" Miranda read the hint.

Ben moved his finger across the spaces. "Will You Marry me?" Ben filled in.

"Oh my god this was your proposal?" Miranda mused with a big smile. “Why didn't I write it in all the way?"

"Because we were having a petty argument when you got to that question. I was going to propose that morning with breakfast in bed but when I finished breakfast you were up and ready to run off to the hospital on your day off. I thought fine we could still do it at lunch, so I reserved a table at one of the nicest restaurants downtown but you just had to do that once in a life time bone eating parasite surgery and told me that we can skip the garden salad and crossword for one day and that you were sorry that you found the surgery more interesting than lunch." Ben explained.

Miranda blushed and put her hand over her face. "What else happened?"

"So I was annoyed and complaining because all I wanted to do was propose to you. You were further annoyed because I wouldn't stop complaining about it. So during the middle of the surgery you grabbed the cross word and started filling it out. I became irritated even more because I asked you to stop but you just had to keep going. You got to 21 across and you couldn't think of what it was. So you asked everybody in the O.R. Meredith asked you how many letters was it and you replied 13. I knew that it was 14. So I was like nope 14 but of course you had to counter that and was wondering how the hell did I even know how many numbers it was. Frustration finally boiled over and I shouted at you what the question was counting ever letter. "

"Jesus, I'm so dam difficult. How the hell do you put up with me?" Miranda laughed.

"Because I love you so much and you made it up to me?" Ben replied licking his lips.

"Care to tell me how."

"Trench coat and a thong." Ben expressed with a sly smile.

"I hate thongs." Miranda commented.

"Mmm-hmm so you said...but you have a couple in your drawer now."

"Why because I'm sure I never wear them."

"Oh but you do and you like to put on a thong because you like when you are ass up face down and I grip that thin material in my hand and use that to pull you back into to me. It's erotic."

"I see." Miranda commented clearing her throat before licking her lips.

Miranda flipped to the next set of pictures and it was a bunch of wedding photos. She loved the Christmas wedding and it was ornaments made with their photos.

"Good Job doing this wedding. I love it. It's almost fairytale like."
On the next page, It was a pictures of them on the beach. They looked like they were having a blast. Miranda looked at one picture where Ben was hugging her but her smile didn't reach her eyes.

"Why am I smiling but deep down look annoyed?" Miranda asked.

Ben chuckled looking at the picture too. "It was our honeymoon and I had the bright and kinky idea to have sex on the beach."

Miranda turned her head to look him in the eyes. "So I take it. It didn't go right? Did we get caught?" Miranda asked.

"Um it went right, it was a beautiful orgasmic sandy mess. Until the next morning." Ben laughed. "You ended up with sand in your vagina which caused an infection. So you were pissed about that and mad that we only had sex one time before I would leave to LA for months." Ben explained.

Miranda laughed and shook her head reaching for the pop corn before snuggling back into him.

She then smiled at the collage of her and Ben toasting to each other. Her desk name plate and a bunch of other pictures that looked like the common theme was her being chief.

"When did I become chief and how?"

"2015 and the spot opened up after Owen stepped down. You almost gave up but I reminded you that is not who you are and it is not an option. No body takes your chair which is...

"First chair." Miranda finished and she leaned back and kissed Ben's lips, she couldn't help but to be so affectionate to him. He was literally the best husband ever. Dam she did a good job picking him.

Ben kissed her back and immediately went to suck on her bottom lip and pulled it between his teeth. Miranda moaned and turned fully cupping his face.

"I love when you do that." Miranda moaned pulling apart from him.

"I know." Ben smirked nipping at her bottom lip again.

"Okay enough because I'm beginning to think you like torturing me. " Miranda huffed pushing him lightly.

"I do." Ben replied teasingly.

They continued to flip through the album as Ben informed her on all the details.

Miranda looked at the picture of an ultrasound and her eyes read the name, which was hers and the date January 2020.

Miranda looked at Ben's now solemn face and her lip quivered. "We were pregnant" she whispered.

"Yeah um you made it to 14 weeks. We were actually going to have the appointment that evening to see the gender the day that we loss her."

Miranda nodded and rubbed her hands across the ultrasound and she could see the I am girl words and her heart felt a little broken.

"I know it's hard to process and it's probably breaking your heart the more you learn and discover about your life, considering the sad parts but we will get through this like we did the first time."

"I'm okay, it is hard to learn so much has happened over the years and I'm learning it all with in a month. O'Malley died, Derek, Mark, lexie, Adele, my mother, my baby."

"I know honey I'm sorry." Ben replied rubbing her arms in comfort.

"I guess I should let you know that you had a heart attack in 2018"

"Uh. I some how knew that this light scar over my breast was something."

"Yeah one of the scariest days of my life and I guest if you were yourself. You could attest to that too."

"Ben I know I won't remember all this when or if my memory comes back but please help me continue to work on my stress levels. Tell 2022 Miranda to take breaks, cook breakfast, spend time with you all. Make it count. I can't die trying to fix that hospital. Make me leave first. I am too important. We and our family is too important."

Ben nodded and kissed her head. "Oh and it seems like 2022 Miranda needs some sex and alone time with you. Between the kids and work. I can tell we don't have time and that's not right."

"I promise I got your back. I will make sure that you take breaks and that you monitor your stress, this won't happen ever again. If you want sex every night and during lunch breaks I'll provide it. Massages and anything else you want. I love you Miranda. " Ben assured her.

Miranda turned around fully and she kissed Ben once again. Ben moved the album out of his lap and Miranda slid on top of him and hooked her arms around his neck.

Ben kissed her back and cupped her face. He could never get enough of her.

"I have one more request." Miranda smiled against his lips.

"Yes ma'am."

"Come sleep with me." Miranda responded.

"Mirandaaaa." Ben whined.

"A nap Benjamin geesh you're a tough cookie." Miranda laughed.

"Yes, I'll take a nap with you." Ben replied.

"You know you would think after the way you ravaged me last night with that sexy mouth of yours that you would jump at the chance to get in bed with me after a taste of me."

"I can't get enough of you." Ben commented standing with her his hands holding her up by her butt.

"What are you doing?" Miranda questioned quickly.

"This sexy mouth of mines is about to kiss those other lips of yours."

"Mmmm." Miranda moaned loudly giggling as he walked to the back of the house with her.

"You're insatiable." Ben commented laughing.