Chapter 1: A Little Help

It had been almost a year since the fight against Thanos.

A year since the remaining Avengers, with the help of other heroes, brought back the people Thanos had originally snapped out of existence, thanks to the Infinity Gauntlet.

A year since Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man, had sacrificed himself and snapped Thanos, his army and his followers out of existence.

After Tony’s funeral, everyone had gone separate ways:

Wanda Maximoff went off alone, still in mourning for Vision. 

Clint Barton decided to spend the rest of his days with his family after enduring five years without them while going under the alias Ronin.

Thor had named Valkyrie King of New Asgard before leaving on a journey with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Sam Wilson had gone to New Orleans to help out his family after given the shield by Steve Rogers, who decided to go back in time to spend the rest of his days with the woman he loves.

Bucky Barnes is still figuring himself out as he went off alone.

Scott Lang and the Pym/Van Dyne family went back to San Francisco.

Nick Fury and Carol Danvers went off world.

Bruce Banner went to visit a cousin of his, where they did experiments with his radioactive blood.

And Peter Parker went back to New York with his Aunt May where he continues his duty as the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man while balancing his life as teen.

Meanwhile, Stephen Strange and (Y/n) (L/n) had returned to the Sanctum in New York along with Wong. For the past 8 months since the Avengers reversed Thanos’ snap, Stephen and (Y/n) had been known to the world as the powerful magic ‘It’ couple who helped defend the world against Thanos alongside the Avengers.

They had been making up for lost time, or at least trying to. Each time they would be interrupted when a creature from another realm would appear and attack. They took care of them each time, but sometimes it was rather tiring when they couldn’t last more than 10 minutes on their date, or rather, have intimate moments without getting interrupted. 

At some point, they decided to continue their duties. But first’s thing first…they had a wedding to plan. But even that was more stressful! Like with their dates or their alone times, the planning for the wedding was always interrupted or had to be on hold.

The couple were frustrated with the interruptions but beating up these creatures was cathartic to them, venting out their frustration. And even though they were frustrated with these interruptions, they were grateful that at least they were fighting these creatures together.

But not only were the interruptions upsetting their relationship, there was another wrinkle in it. When Stephen came back after 5 years, he found out that y/n was named Sorceress Supreme. When he learned that, he felt something he hadn’t felt before as he did. It was envy. Why did he felt envious towards her having the title as the Sorceress Supreme? He wasn’t sure, but he hated that feeling he felt towards the woman he loves.

He couldn’t blame her though as she has far more experience with magic long before they met. But that small bit of him felt jealous as he felt he deserved the title of Sorcerer Supreme. It's that ego of his that hasn't let go of him yet. Guilt ate up at him for feeling this way but he did his best to hide it, although he'd get a bit snarky towards (y/n) but she'd either ignore him or just throw sarcasm back at him.

Other things were also going on, they had caught wind about Wanda holding a small town, Westview, hostage. But before they could deal with that, Wanda had already let the town go and left into exile.