Chapter 7

"Get away from me," you screamed.

He was quiet for a moment before he spoke.

"No," he said sternly.

You screamed out in pain. He rushed to your side but you jumped into a tree.

"Leave Neji."

"No."

"Please.. I don't want to hurt you.."

"You can't hurt me.."

"Did you see what I did to Sato?!"

"Yes, but I know you won't do that to me."

"I can't control it!"

"Yes you can."

"No! I can't!"

You looked at him with glowing purple eyes. A mist began to surround you and when it cleared, you were gone. You were back home. You locked yourself in your hidden room. Neji looked everywhere for you. Frantically searching for any sign of you. He ran into Tenten the next morning, completely exhausted. She took him home and asked him what happened. He filled her in.

"You were out all night," Tenten asked.

Neji nodded.

"Did you find her..?"

He shook his head. Tenten went quiet. She went to go make you some tea for Neji. When she came back, Neji was gone. The window was open and wind was blowing in. Tenten tried to call out to him but Neji was already hopping across buildings, searching for you. He was heading for the forest when he was passing by your house and noticed a leaf on yo front door. It was fresh and looked like the leaves from the forest. He knocked on your door. You tried so hard not to make a sound.

"(Y/n)?"

You stayed silent. You heard him open the door. Your room was hidden so he wouldn't be able to find you. He looked all around the house but couldn't find you.

"(Y/n)?"

You felt like you wanted to cry but knew staying hidden was the best option. The best way to keep him and everyone else safe. He tripped over a board on the floor, he looked back and saw it was a trapdoor. He opened it and you heard him coming down the stairs. You ran for your covers to hide. Neji pulled them back and looked at you, shocked.

"Go away.." you said.

"No."

"Why must you be so stubborn Neji.."

"Because I-"

"Exactly, so just go away."

He stayed silent. He pulled you off the bed and brought you into a hug.

"N-Neji..?"

"I'm not leaving you, whatever this is we'll figure it out together."

Tears began to roll down your face. You buried your face in chest. You dropped to the ground, bringing Neji with you. You eventually ended up falling asleep on his lap. He ran his fingers through your hair as you slept. It was very calming.

You woke up to find Neji still awake.

"Didn't you get any sleep?"

"No, I wanted to make sure you didn't run off again."

Your face went a little red.

"C-can you please go to sleep?"

"Only if you promise not to run off again."

"I p-promise.."

He laid down next to you on the floor and wrapped his arms around you.

"N-Neji..?"

"Just as a precaution, now go to sleep."

He was really close to you. You could feel his breath on your neck as he slowly fell asleep. You fell asleep yourself a few minutes later, feeling safe in Neji's arms.

"Good morning, (y/n)," said Neji, still clinging to you.

"G-good morning Neji."

"Did you sleep ok?"

"Y-yes.."

"Is something wrong? You're stuttering."

"I-it's just- y-you're still holding on to me.."

"Oh. I'm sorry," he said as he let go.

"No no, I kinda liked it.."

His face went pink. He wrapped his arms back around you. His hold on you was gentle and soft.

"Neji.."

"Yes (y/n)?"

"I've wanting to ask you for a while now but.. are we friends..?"

"I don't know.. I've never had a friend before.."

"What about Lee and Tenten," you asked confused.

"Lee is my rival and Tenten is my teammate."

"I see.."

"But.. to answer your question.. yes.. I consider us friends."

"Really?"

Your eyes lit up. Neji turned his head.

"Yes.."

You snuggled into his arms considering you couldn't hug him. His face went a little red. You spent a few more minutes cuddled up together before Neji went to go make breakfast. You were kind of sad he was gone, but you were hungry. Your stomach had growled while you were on the floor with him. You hid your face out of embarrassment.

"(Y/n). I'm done," Neji called.

"Coming!"

You thanked him for the food and dug right in. You hadn't eaten since lunch yesterday. When you finished, you were wondering about what happened to Sato. Neji noticed your mood go down.

"What's wrong, (y/n)?"

"I hurt Sato.."

"I'm sure he's fine (y/n), I took him to the hospital."

"I hit him really hard.. will you go with me to visit him Neji?"

"Sure.."

He didn't sound very happy. Maybe he didn't like Sato very much? You left for the hospital and stopped to pick up some flowers on the way there. You talked to Ino for a bit before starting back to the hospital. She was curious as to why Neji was with you but didn't say anything. You ran into a bunch of your friends on the way there. They all gave Neji weird looks but he just glared back at them. When you got to the hospital you were a little hesitant. Neji placed his arm on your shoulder.

"It's ok (y/n)."

"Thanks, Neji.."

He gently grabbed your hand led you into the hospital. You went up to the front desk to ask where Sato's room was.

"Room 45C," the nurse said.

"Thank you."

You gave her a polite smile. You told Neji you wanted to take the stairs so you could mentally prepare yourself more. He continued to hold your hand as you walked up the steps. When you made it to the room you saw Sato's condition. You immediately let go of Neji's hand and rushed to Sato's side.

Words: 1017