𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧

Chapter forty-five
╭━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╮
❝ She looked at herself in the mirror,
her clothes stained with random
stranger's blood and tears, ❞
╰━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╯

Chapter forty-five ╭━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╮❝ She looked at herself in the mirror, her clothes stained with random stranger's blood and tears, ❞╰━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╯

"It's your first mission Blondie, how you feelin'?" Sirius questioned, his voice still hoarse with sleep as he placed a mug of coffee in the woman's hands.
She shrugged with nerves, her brain still foggy from just waking up.

"You'll do just fine, if Peter can live through them so can you" he winked at her, in his hands laid a new copy of the Daily Prophet.

"You're new haircut looks good"

"Thank you, Remus cut it for me"

Mari closed her eyes as she placed her cup down on the coffee table, her stomach rolled with anxiety. Her hands found the back of her neck, hunched over to steady her breathing.
Anxiety seemed to be something that had been on an incline since the beginning of the war.

Mari let out a sigh as she returned to her comfortable position, mug back in her hand.

"So who is all going on this mission?"
"Me, Alice, Marlene, James, and I believe Caradoc," she said with a nod, looking up from her lap to give him an awkward smile.

"What's Remus doing on his day off?" He asked, watching as her knee bounced up and down.

"He is supposed to go visit his mum in London, but he may just stay home and sleep, the moon is tomorrow" she smiled as she remembered leaving him in their bed that morning.

His nose scrunched as she left their bed, an owl knocking at the window with a letter from Albus asking for her to visit the headquarters.
The small frown on his face as she placed a kiss on his nose and whispered to him a quiet morning before scribbling a quick note and leaving it on his bedside table.

Sirius smiled as he watched her get lost in thought, her legs ceased their bouncing and she stared off at nothing.

"You want me to go check up on him later, I know he's probably exhausted and won't feed himself," Sirius asked quietly as she looked back at him.
"He could use the company" she smiled with a nod, her thumb drumming on her mug.

"What's Benjy up to?" Marigold asked with a smirk on her face.
"I haven't spoken to him since last night, he was going out for a few drinks" he shrugged, "I'm gonna stop over at his flat before your house" blush took over the majority of his face as he rambled on about Benjy.

And they say Mari is bitch whipped

"Morning you two" James apparated onto the couch next to Mari, a grin on his face as he did a small stretch before getting comfortable.