Ally

Chapter Nine - My Weird Fetish

The fact that I actually slept twice in one week scares me. I've never actually done that before in my entire life since the accident and the effects were worse than ever before. Usually I would be able to keep my emotions to myself, but today I just couldn't. I had broken down in front of Will and I couldn't have been more embarrassed. Although, I guess it was a good thing that he didn't suspect anything. He just thought I was on my period, which might be embarrassing for some, but for me it's better than the truth.

So we stayed home all day watching movies and I would be lying if I said I didn't have fun. Because I did. Even though I know that he still believes I am a burden, I'm glad he has a little bit of heart in him.

When we finished watching our last movie, Will turned the TV off and we went downstairs to eat dinner with everyone else. I wasn't that hungry due to binge eating ice cream, so I just sat with everyone while they ate. Well, Will didn't eat either. Or, he could have but I wouldn't have known because he ended up leaving the house for dinner. Something about training, and I guess since no one said anything about it, they either didn't care or they knew what he was talking about. I'm going with the latter, and just that reminds me of the fact that I don't really belong here. This is not my family and I don't think I ever will have people to call family.

On that note, I start to feel slightly sad, and I excuse myself from dinner to head up to my tree house. I guess that's the one place where I might feel at home. On my way out back, I bump into a very sweaty Will coming in the direction I was heading. He looks up at me before continuing his way towards his destination. Nodding my head or no apparent reason, I continue on my way towards the tree house.

When I get there, I'm not surprised to see the stray dog from yesterday lying beneath the tree. Last night, when I made the basket, I had also set out a bowl of dog food I got at the market. For some reason, I felt like the dog would be back.

Walking towards the dog, I think of naming it because I don't think it'll leave me soon. So, as I sit myself down next to the stray and scratch its neck, I start thinking of names.

"How would you liked to be called Muffins?" It may seem strange to talk to a dog, but I do anyways. It provides comfort in some odd way. The dog growls and I take it as a sign of discomfort towards the name, even though it's pretty impossible the dog actually understands what I say, but who know. Maybe the dog does understand.

"But I like Muffins. Ugh. Whatever. How about..." I pause as I try to think of another name, "Phoenix. Do you like Phoenix?" The dog looks like he... or she is satisfied. Looking down below, I see that Phoenix is in fact, a girl.

Deciding now is a time as good as any to test out my basket for my tree house, I lure Phoenix towards to overly large basket and have her climb in it. Once she's securely in the basket, I swiftly climb the tree and grab a hold of the rope. Afraid the basket might break or fall, I pull Phoenix up very slowly, and soon she is in the tree house with me and we're laying there, rejoicing in the quiet evening.

I stay up in the tree for the remainder of the evening, and when it gets dark, Phoenix asks to be let down in her cute little way that consisted of multiple licks to the face and some face nudging. I let her down, but continue to lay in the tree after that. After a while, when it becomes really dark, I climb to the top of the tree house, and I lay there while star gazing through the clear sky where the tree's branches are not covering.

Time passes by and although it feels as if I was admiring the sky for only a couple of minutes, I know that I was really up there for at least an hour. Slowly and carefully, I head back to the house and up into Will's or, well, our room. I find Will fast asleep and I begin to envy him. He is able to so easily sleep throughout the night while I am here living a nightmare that will never end.