I Burn For You

Blending into society is no small feat for the morningstar, even in the starry-filled skies. His disguise is a mask from the eyes of the public with pale skin and silky black hair glistening in the moonlight. No one will ever suspect that the Devil is using his human form.

It's not often that he would use this disguise. When the demon is comfortable talking about business with his servant at somewhere local, transforming into one with the crowd helps him a great deal since it wouldn't attract too much attention, minus the fact there will be some folk who would come by to greet King Dice and not take a single glance at his boss.

As for this moment in particular, King Dice said he was heading to that famous coffee shop in Inkwell City. Going to that location is the Devil's current objective right now, just to observe from a distance what exactly the man is doing with Paulina.

The more he thinks about Paulina, the more his jealousy starts to grow. He wants to maim her in cold blood. He doesn't care how he does it. Drowning, stabbing, burying her alive, the list goes on. The demon wants her gone without a trace, and bring her soul through eternal damnation.

But he has to stay calm for this mission. King Dice can't know that his boss is spying on him. If he lets his emotions get the better of him again, it'll blow his cover.

With his hands in his pockets, he makes his way down the bustling sidewalks of the city, finally approaching the cafe that he had been searching for. Through the large glass windows on the sides of the building, he is able to see his lackey at a table with a woman as the light from the ceiling illuminates the interior. No, not a woman. It's Paulina. Exactly what she looks like in the picture, except to the Devil, it's more hideous to look at in real life than in a photograph.

He steps into the store with a heavy heart. The bell rings with a small jingle once the frame hits the gentle object. Nobody seems to care about the noise, other than the folks who work there. The entity picks up a menu from the front desk with the pinch of his fingers and heads for a table farther away from his targets.

Opening up his menu, the demon lowers his face into the sheet while keeping his eyes off of the selection of goodies. So far, so good, Dice didn't notice him. Sadly, he couldn't hear what he and Paulina were saying. Oh, how he wished he can read lips at this distance, or listen to the word coming out of their mouths from afar. If he had to guess, it could be them, sweet talking to each other about stuff. Oh, how it makes his skin boil.

His fantasies run wild once more to the brink of extreme jealousy and pure rage, a plot to how he'll kill Paulina off. He is just hoping that once she's gone, her corpse will be found at the edge of a lake. Every swear word sings a song in his head, praying on the woman's downfall.

That son of a bitch whore! F**king piece of shit tramp! You dirty, disgusting slutty pig on a stick! You—!

"Uh, sir?"

His train of thought is suddenly interrupted by a female fox waitress, standing with a writing pad and a pen in her hands.

"I said, would you like any drinks?"

The Devil can feel his despair dying down. He was on the verge of going wild on the human. If he goes berserk now, it'll blow things out of the water, as much as he loves to see the terror on everyone's faces. But right now, he needs to release the nerves in his body a bit.

"...Just a cup of ice water." The Devil said.

"Coming right up."

As soon as the waitress leaves, and away from eyeshot, the human-formed deity returns to staring at both the menu and the two creatures from the back of the restaurant. While looking at the typography in the flat sheet, reading through the items on the menu, it would make a person hungry with the delicious foods they serve. But not a single one would invoke the demon's appetite.