CHAPTER 2

,,Here you go, sultanim, have a nice meal." I served lunch to Sah sultan who was sitting on her sofa. I've been her personal maid since she got married to her husband two years ago. Sah sultan is more like my friend, yes I do serve her and help her around with everything, but she's done many things in my favour and i'll forever be grateful to her.

,,Thank you, Amelia, you can go and check if Mehmed's sleeping then you can come back and sit beside me, you've done enough for today." She dismissed me. I then walked towards sultanzades crib and he was indeed asleep.

,,He's asleep, sultanim." I muttered, Sah nodded to me and signaled I go sit with her which I did seconds after.

,,You know, my brother's coming from his province tomorrow, I can't wait to see him and I'm a bit nervous too..." She let out a sigh.

,,That's normal, i mean you haven't seen him in a while, your nervousness is completely understandable, sultanim." I said to her.

,,I guess it is, but there's another thing in my mind. I heard he had one concubine and I don't have an idea who is she, my mother didn't send her and I don't know if she could be trusted." She confessed, I didn't understand her at all, was she afraid of some concubine?

,,Is a mere concubine concerning you, sultanim? I don't get it." I said to her.

,,No, but her questionable capabilities do. I mean when there wasn't any of us, in the early reign of my grandfather sultan Suleiman, there were rumors that my grandmother late Hurrem sultan turned the sultan's sisters against him, that's why late Hatice sultan killed herself... I'm afraid something like this will happen to me." She let out a sigh.

,,Don't you worry, sultanim. Sehzade Murad loves you and your sisters very dearly and no concubine will drive him away from you, especially when your mother's here." I comforted her, even though I don't get her worriness.

,,I hope you're right."

The next day:

I was looking after the Sultanzade Mehmed while his mother was away to finally see her brother. Mehmed was a really peaceful baby, he only cried when he was hungry, he sleeps good and he's very healthy, I guess he got that from his mother, that placidness, Sah sultan was reposeful and delicate woman.

 Mehmed was a really peaceful baby, he only cried when he was hungry, he sleeps good and he's very healthy, I guess he got that from his mother, that placidness, Sah sultan was reposeful and delicate woman

That moment I heard the door opened, looks like Sah is back. ,,It's worse than I thought." She said after she sat down on her sofa. Judging by her face, she didn't look pleased at all, she looked concerned, i bet she didn't like that girl she was telling me about yesterday.

,,What do you mean, sultanim? You don't like the girl, do you?" I rocked little Mehmed in my arms as he doucely played with my hair with his tiny hands.

,,That concubine was sent my Mihrimah sultan as a gift to my brother and now she's pregnant, her name is Safiye and she is from Venice also, but I doubt that... Why can't my aunt accept her defeat after all, i mean she wouldn't do this if my father wasn't the main heir to the throne, she's just trying to turn Murad against my mother which she won't succide., I mean bond between us is unbreakable and Murad will have more concubines" She said.

,,I'm very sorry to hear that... Is there anything i can do for you." i tired to make things better, even though i really didn't care about that sort of things at all.

,,Actually, you can... I wanted to this since i first met you... Amelia, I want to send you to my brother as a gift, you know...." She broke the ice. i never expected that from her. I couldn never see myself as a favorite, it just wasn't in my nature.

,,Sultanim- i- i don't think I can accept that, do you know that i'm not the best person for that." I mumbled as she gave me the look of irony.

,,You are perfect for this job, and you're trained well, come on, you're the only one i can trust at this moment. Other young girls would kill each other for this opportunity and you have it and you want to refuse it, come on, think about how that would be" She convinced.

,,Well if you put it that way, I guess there's no way to decline that offer..." I muttered insecurly. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to say at the moment but she seemed so convincive...

,,That's correct. I mean you're beautiful as you can be, my dear brother will sure fall for you and my mother will like you since I sent you. And one day if you become a sultana..." She gave me a confident smirk.

,,Alright let's not get ahead of ourselves, I barely agreed to this." I sighed looking at Sah who probably felt very proud.

,,So this is a concubine you wanted to send to your brother." I could hear the voice of Nurbanu sultan, but I didn't dare to look her in the face. I was just standing her looking at the floor as Sah and her mother talked.

,,Yes, validem. She's been serving me for over than two years, she's loyal and trained well, it'd be my pleasure to send her to my brother." Sah said.

,,Hmm, i don't know... What's your name, hatun?" Nurbanu asked me, here we go again with this nonsense, I only agreed to this because I didn't want to let down or disappoint Sah sultan,I bet she wouldn't look at me same way as she did before if I didn't"t accept her offer and I for sure didn't want that to happen.

,,Amelia, sultanim." I replied still looking at the floor. I could feel the shivers going down my spine, I was so nervous and shaken up when Sah told me that her mother wanted to meet me, I heard that Nurbanu sultan was a very cruel and manipulative woman.

I didn't know how to feel about her or this meeting at all. I mean I didn't know weather should I admire her for taking all her enemies down and being a new owner of late Hurrem sultan's ring or should i hate her for doing all that things.

,,So Amelia, I could see my daughter trusts you, and that means you have my trust as well. You should not dare to break our affiance in you or you will end up at the bottom of the Bosphorus, is that clear?" She said to me with a harsh tone.

,,It is very clear, sultanim, I will be loyal to you and to you only, you can mark my words." I said shyly. I was so afraid of that woman for so reason, she could end my life anytime she wanted so my fear was kind of understandable...

,,i sure will... Anyways, you'll be sent to my lion while we're still here and then if he likes you he will take you with him to his Sanjak with some other woman I decided to sent." She smirked at me as I finally decided to take a look at her again.

Well, i knew if I follow her rules, no bad will happen to me at least in the beginning. But I knew that if I wanted to do this I had to be special because I'm not the only girl Nurbanu sultan is sending to her son, but until then I just had to trust on my reliance on her and everything shall be fine since I got Sah sultan's support as well.