THREE!

THU, APRIL 7

THE GIRL'S LIPS parted, releasing a soft chuckle that danced in the air, carried away by a gentle breeze that caressed her face with warm tenderness

THE GIRL'S LIPS parted, releasing a soft chuckle that danced in the air, carried away by a gentle breeze that caressed her face with warm tenderness. Weary and laden with fatigue, her eyes felt as heavy as dumbbells, while her mouth, exhausted from an endless stream of yawns, yearned for respite. Her arm draped languidly over the back of a worn leather chair, embracing the comfort it offered.

Lost in a realm of absentmindedness, she idly picked at the peeling fabric of the chair, her gaze drifting toward the disarray of song lyrics strewn haphazardly across her desk. The surface itself bore the vibrant marks of her free-spirited uncle's contributions—stickers that adorned it generously, remnants of a creative outpouring during one of his euphoric highs. She sent a silent wish for his well-being, hoping he thrived in his world.

Amid her reverie, a message notification illuminated her screen, bearing the moniker "Gender Bent Goldilocks." Prompted to respond, she closed her eyes in anticipation of yet another yawn, a tiresome companion that seemed to have paid her a visit for the fiftieth time that day. Deciding it was time for a momentary respite, she gently closed her lyric book and swiveled her chair, allowing her weary body to sink effortlessly into the inviting embrace of her bed.

Melting into the cocoon of comfort, she reached for her phone, skillfully connecting her wired headphones and pressing play on a random melody by Tyler, the Creator. The music flowed into her ears, entwining with her thoughts, as she absently twirled the headphone wire between her fingers. A smile, subtle yet blossoming, graced her lips, the mere thought of Tommyinnit weaving a tapestry of warmth within her.

Tommyinnit, a person she held dear, possessed a unique alchemy of genuine humor and endearing annoyance. His caring nature manifested through his unwavering interest in her day and his passionate tales of his own. A tranquil solace enveloped her, though she would guardedly conceal the depth of her thoughts and how often they gravitated toward him.

While the melody of "IGOR'S THEME" resonated through her ears, its hypnotic rhythm striving to claim her attention, she almost flinched when a gentle tap disturbed her reverie. Someone had touched her shoulder, lightly but with enough force to rouse her from her musical reverie.

"Where are your scrunchies?" Mia, her sister, asked nonchalantly, her voice a melodic ripple in the room.

"They're on my desk," Naomi replied, delicately unplugging one of her headphones.

Mia, ever playful, couldn't resist a teasing remark. "Your desk is so messy how do you navigate this?"

A trace of amusement tugged at Naomi's lips. "Who do you think you are coming into my room judging me? Have you seen your closet?"

"Hush now..." Mia playfully retorted, acknowledging the undeniable truth in her sister's words.

A request hung in the air as Mia held out hair ties, her thoughts drifting to an aesthetic transformation. "Can you put my hair in a ponytail?"