Chapter 8: Fighting

Suddenly we were dropped in the middle of nowhere, the bright light that brought us here disappearing.

Shocked, I turned to Amit. "Was that the Bifrost?"

"Yes, Heimdall sends his greetings." He deadpanned.

"Come on don't be like that." I said.

He glared at me.

"The Wilderness of Sin." Aster whispered.

"Huh?"

"The Wilderness of Sin." He repeated. 'That's where we are. The start of our journey to the pit. With repeated attacks on our strongholds, the Demons continually weaken the balance in their favour. We need to secure the Pit and prevent this from escalating."

"Shouldn't Big Mike be doing this thing?"

"Sort of. He's a warrior and last I heard he was posted to deal with other threats."

"Okay, to infinity and beyond!"

"Oh my- we are not doing this right now."

"Doing what Ammy?"

"This- you-"

"You don't want to do me?" I asked with faux innocence.

"I- know you- argh! Let's just get going." He grumbled striding forward.

It was then I noticed that our attire had changed. We had this kind of leather armour, although mine was more feminine and with longer boots.

We had various weapons strapped to the armour, some knives and a special weapon. Shane had a Scythe, I had this weird blade thing, Aster had a two-edged sword, while Amit had this jagged edged sword that looked really deadly.

"Damn we look badass." I grinned. Amit's lip twitched but he stopped himself as soon as he realised. Aster and Shane chuckled as we strolled forward, our legs crushing the dry sand beneath us as we walked, the breezy wind tossing up some dirt and dust.

It was particularly quiet, the only sound was from the wind and the walking, marching rather, that the boys were doing while I catwalked like a queen.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, once I caught a fish alive-"

"Is she?-"

"Yeah."

"Why the hell are you singing about fish in the desert?"

"He said a bad word." I gasped. Shane and Aster chuckled.

"Still haven't told me the reason for your idiocy."

"Because I read in a book once, that if you sing what you want, it will happen."

"Oh really, was it called Being a Dummy For Dummies?"

"Yeah, and you're the author."

"Oh my-"

"-Holy baby Jesus."

"You are so-"

"-Sexy."

"I'm going to-"

"-Spank you."

"You do-."

"Said she tired of little money need a big boy!"

"What the-"

"Hundred bands in my pocket it's on me, and your grandmama probably know me, get more bottles these bottles are lonely, it's a moment when I show up, got 'em saying wow!"

Amit looked at me like I was crazy. You don't know the half of it boy.

Suddenly there was a roaring behind me, with a gust of wind so much, it blew my platinum bob.