PART ONE

October 17, 2034

Killing them was the only option.

What else was I supposed to do? The world fell to its knees. Militaries scattered, governments abandoned those they swore to serve, and we were all left to rot in this cursed place.

People like me had to rise in order to survive. While city after city fell to the werewolves, I acted. I formed the group that built the wall, found the best scientists available to search for logic behind the virus creating werewolves, and made sure everything ran smoothly with the civilians in what we named Elder City.

When scientists detected the virus in humans, I knew what had to be done.

Not everyone agreed, but they soon discovered the only way to survive was to kill the source of the virus.

We put all those infected to death upon discovery, and I handpicked the group responsible for ridding the streets of such vermin.

The Resurrection Association of Mankind is my greatest success. The Hunters take down the werewolves with practiced ease now. Calling them "infected" gave people hope for a cure, but such a notion is futile. Civilians call the infected subjects 'Cursed Ones.' Planting the idea of a curse into the minds of the desperate was easy. I expected retaliation from religious groups within the city, but even the devout believers have deemed the virus as a divine punishment for the sinners. From now on, the werewolves will bear the name "Cursed Ones."

Marcus believes there may be a way to save them, but I'm losing more people for the sake of research.

I can't afford to lose the city's trust.

The Cursed Ones are the true monsters.

Once the Wall is complete, this city will be a haven for pure-blooded humans.

There will be no room for Cursed Ones or anyone who supports them in Elder City.

Not now. Not ever.

-Isaac Elderton

"We make war that we may live in peace."

-Aristotle