Author's Note

Dear Readers,

This book has been in the making since 2016. In fact, it was completed once and posted here for a few years. I took it down around 2021 and began a complete rewrite of the novel once called "Cursed by the Bite." That rewrite is now complete and off to beta readers for a final read-through before publishing on Amazon. I'm posting the first few chapters here as a sample in an attempt to promote interest for when I publish the book.

If you read "Cursed by the Bite," then you're going to see similarities in the plot, but everything has changed. Honestly, this version is better, in my opinion. There's more character development, less plot holes, and better character interaction all around. Also note that the cover art is just a temporary one on Canva. I've commissioned some lovely cover art from another author, but I'm waiting to do a cover reveal once I get all my beta reader feedback returned to me and make any changes.

I was going to attempt to traditionally publish this novel but decided to go the self-publishing route. I want full control of this book and any book that will tie into it from this point forward. Traditionally publishing would mean I'd have to potentially give up some creative freedom to sooth the masses, and I don't wish to do that.

This book tackles difficult subjects, including but not limited to: torture, suicidal ideation, child abuse, mentions of rape, and other violent content. I don't wish to ease up on these topics, for they are real even though this is a fantasy world.

If you've made it this far, I thank you. If you've been with me since "Cursed by the Bite" was around, I appreciate you more than you know. 

I hope you enjoy "Blood and Silver." 

Thank you,

-M. Blankenship