Chapter 9 (Edited)

Chapter 9

I slapped him; even though the kiss felt right I slapped him. He looked at me dumbfounded and with awe, I stepped away from him.

“Leave, please” I whispered

“Keira, I-”

“Leave” I said louder

“Bu-”

“Leave!” I screamed at him, pointing to the door. He stepped away from me and without another word, left my hotel room. A tear fell down my cheek, the stress was overwhelming me now, everything was coming at me full speed, everything was sinking in. Supernaturals, Blake, Leon, love, soul mates, it all came crashing down on me at once. I sank to the floor, crawled to the corner of the room and sobbed, letting everything wash away.

Blake’s phone rang from my jacket pocket, so I pulled it out and answered “H-hello” I struggled to say

“Keira? It’s me, Julie. Look, tell me where you are-” a crash sounded “Blake can feel you are upset and he is brea-” another smash sounded “Breaking things” Julie sounded out of breath. I dropped the phone to the floor and pulled my knees to my chest, wrapping my arms around them and letting my head rest on my knees. I heard Julie shout my name several times before I heard his voice. He was calling me with a desperate tone.

I put the phone to my ears again “Blake” I whispered

“Keira, please. Come home, I know you are upset” he said calmly

“Don’t y-you realise I'm h-here because o-of you” I struggled to say between sobs

“I know that, but we can figure things out?”

“B-bye, Blake”

“No, Keira. Stay with me”

“B-bye”

Just as I was about to press the end call button I heard Blake say “Julie, track the ph-” I panicked after I hung up, he was going to track the phone, it’s too soon, it has only been 2 days! I know I only booked 3 days in the hotel but I was planning to leave and go to a different one. I started sobbing again, when I finally stopped I called for room service. 5 minutes later, there was a knock on my door, I then retrieved the bottle of wine from them and sat on the sofa again watching TV, while drinking large gulps of wine.

After two bottles of wine, I knew I was drunk. I had fallen over on my way to the bedroom and crawled the rest of the way; I had climbed on the bed and burst into a fit of giggles. I'm lucky I didn’t do anything stupid, this time. I had fallen asleep pretty quickly.

I dug my feet into the sand as the waves crashed against my ankles, holding my head up high and closing my eyes I let my hair blow in the gentle breeze. I could smell the salt from the water and could hear the gentle laughter of children playing. I felt relaxed.

Something draped around my shoulders and I opened my eyes to see what, an arm, an arm connected to the man who has recently caused me pain. Blake looked at me with pure love in his eyes

“Willow wants you to read her a bedtime story when she goes to bed” Blake said

“Willow?” I asked

“Yes, Willow”

“Who is Willow?”

Blake turned me to face him, “Willow is our niece remember? Julie’s daughter” I calmed down a bit.

“Julie has a daughter?”

“Yes”

“Why is she with us?”