Choosing the Software

Hello AGAIN! If you have not read the first chapter, I consider you going there and reading it as you will need the picture to go on with this portion of the info-book. 

OKAY MOVING ON......... 

There are millions of softwares out there for picture editing. Today, I will go through a few of them, and describe how to go about making one. The ones that I personally know of are 

PicMonkey  

Adobe Photoshop Elements 

Pixlr 

So, those are just a few. Now, let us jump right to the ones that I have used. 

PicMonkey is the first one. I use this for personal uses, so I know this software the best. It is an online tool, so basically just picmonkey.com. This website is what I use almost for every single cover that I do. It is a very simple, easy, FREE website. Another one that I commonly use in combination with PicMonkey is Pixlr, just the Editor or Express version. 

The next one is Adobe Photoshop Elements. So, this is also a very good software, but you do have to pay and download for this one. I got it for free for a year to do an art course online, so I did not have to pay. The only rule about this one is that when you save it, you have to save it as a JPG image. They will automatically save it in the element of Photoshop, but change it to JPG . That is the only way that you can actually put it up on Wattpad. If you really do care about your artwork, I would suggest that you splurge on this software. It is amazingly easy to use, with great results!  

I mentioned earlier about combining different softwares to make one cover. I do this whenever the software I am currently using does not have a font or effect I want. I then save whatever I am doing in software #1, and then go to software #2. It is nice to have a bigger selection whenever you need it. 

Sizing. Sizing is one of the most important things when making covers. Most software have a sizing button, you just have to look around to find it. The dimensions are 256x400. 

Why did I just tell you that? Because that sizing is the only size that will guarantee perfect placement of your cover. If you don't use the sizes, parts of your cover will be cut off, and it will not work right.  

Final Note: You should experiment around with different softwares, as the ones I listed are not the only ones on and around the web. Be careful with other websites, as bugs and viruses may be in them, especially when you download the picture. The sites that I have listed are safe, so do not worry about those.  

Remember the sizing of the picture, because that can greatly affect the finished product. I suggest that you do the sizing as the first thing, because if you apply it last, your font can become too small, and distorted.

-LoveAthenaa 

P.S. As always, I make book covers. Go to my book called Requests, and there will be a chapter called Covers. Read that for my information.