05

Beau stood tense with his arms crossed as he watched a video play out on a projector. After the debacle with Elliott and his shotgun he was left tied up on the couch with the strange woman painting his toenails which Beau would find amusing if he didn't have such a disliking towards her; he couldn't hear her thoughts.

Five would barely glance at him, too busy looking over the very important film while Beau simply wanted to head home. It was getting dark and Jude had gotten home an hour before. Beau knew he shouldn't be worrying about a boy that could easily take care of himself - in most circumstances - but they had barely been apart for more than six hours in over a year, it was taking a toll and he feared how Jude was taking it. But, if he were to say something about leaving, Five wouldn't take that so lightly and he would possibly receive more than a cold shoulder in the near future.

"Holy shit. This is it." Diego breathed in shock, eyes wide and staring at the projector, "The grassy knoll. Kennedy's about to get shot. How do you have this?"

Beau was just as confused about what was going on, Five hadn't told him anything and what he had told him was short and blunt like he didn't want to talk about it. Beau let it go because he knew neither of them wanted to think back on the last apocalypse or even the one that was to come but he realised he should have known the information, it was quite possible he was the cause of it once again.

"Hazel died to get me this footage." Five informed them, causing Beau to frown in thought, "It must be the key to stopping doomsday."

"Hazel?" 

Five shook his head, "Long story."

"What's doomsday?" Lila questioned all of them.

"Longer story."

"What exactly did he say to you?"

"Well, he was killed before he could explain. But whatever he wanted us to see, it's on this film."

"This is very exciting. Oh my god!" The man on the film exclaimed with glee.

"Oswald."

"The president!"

"Oh, no." Five paused the film, quickly rewinding it and stopping on a particular point and what they saw shocked them though something about it seemed a little too familiar for Beau, "This can't be." They all stared at the picture of Reginald Hargreeves, slightly younger and dressed as he usually would.

"Okay, you gonna fill me in now, boys? What the hell is this shit we're watching?" Lila asked in confusion and it had Beau glaring at her for interrupting and even being there with her presence, she irritated him for some reason and he hated to be irritated.

"Why are you here?" Beau glared at the woman.

Lila looked a little taken back, "Diego brought me here."

There was no trust and yet Beau decided to leave it at that for the while, they had more pressing matters to attend to.

"No, that's impossible."

"Clearly, it's not."

"What... what is it?" Elliott, still bound in rope and eyes shifting around the room, looked at Beau who had remained silent for almost the entire duration of the interaction, he ignored the man.

"Dad." Both Diego and Five said.

"Of course, Dad would be involved in the assassination. I should've known."

Beau scoffed at Diego's notion, stuffing his hands into his pockets and turning away from the absurd situation he found himself in, well, was it ever he who placed himself there? No, it was always Five dragging him along. Beau loved Five, he really did, but this was all getting out of hand again and he wasn't mentally there for it, Beau just wanted his lover back and yet he got a whole lot more. When could they rest?