When Two Become One (Pg-13) - Part 1

Requested by: DolceGodis

So, I intended to write down the request here, but then I changed my mind. See, what's the point of you guys reading it if you already know what's it's about??? From now on, I shall be writing the request at the bottom of the one-shot, instead of here at the top... I hope that works for you all!

Please excuse the lengthily time it took to post this DolceGodis, and pray let this be close to what you hoped for, and that it's funny! 'Cause you are one awesome skittle~

[This is now a two-shot]

Warning: May be accounts of bad language //looking sheepish

__________________________________________________________________________

Zackery was in love. At least, he thought he was. Unlike everything you hear, Zackery never felt like his heart was jumping out of his chest every time his boyfriend, Vincent, was around, but he did feel things for the older man. Again, he thought he was in love with the russet haired hunk, but what would he know - he had never had a relationship before.

At age 23, Zackery knew it was time he found someone to love. His gender preference didn't make finding anyone easy, but he eventually got swept of his feet by Vincent. Vincent was a man of all men; he liked leather and motorbikes, and had muscles that made girls swoon with excitement. He always wore a lascivious smirk, and his square jaw was nothing but manly with its surrounding dots of facial hair. But what really made Zackery become involved with him was his overbearing confidence, and the way that he cared for Zackery made him feel special - like he was actually wanted by somebody other than his own family.

Zackery wasn't an ugly man. He had golden locks that the sun seemed to love, and his verdant coloured eyes gave him an air of innocence and purity, but for some reason he had never been approached by anybody. He supposed that people liked the more bad boy type - him included.

Both men worked in the same trades company. Zackery more of the technical worker, and Vincent the social one. They worked well together, Vincent convincing the customers to work with them, and Zackery doing all the technical and financial aspects of what the job requires. So naturally, they started dating.

It was Zackery who first approached Vincent. He had been watching the 26 year old for quite some time, and had finally worked up the courage to ask him out for a drink. Somewhat amused by the situation, Vincent agreed. They drank some, and then headed to the nearest hotel upon Vincent's suggestion. Of course, Zackery shamefully followed; he had never been in the presence of someone like Vincent so intimately, and it confused and overwhelmed him.

For 3 months after that hotel visit, Zackery felt so happy. Everyday, Vincent would swing by his office to deliver his morning kiss - which always somehow turned into a full blown make out session. He felt like he was finally falling in love.

His best friend, Cassandra, always tried to deter him. 'You are not in love,' she would cry frustratingly. Time and time again she told him of Vincent's reputation - he was not the type of man that would settle. And Zackery knew of the rumours encompassing his boyfriend, he worked in the same building after all, but he still wanted to think the better of the man, convincing himself as he lay awake at night that Vincent wouldn't suddenly dump him or cheat on him.

But, as Zackery found out 3 months later, he was wrong.

It was the 5th day of the 6 months that they had been together. Vincent had told Zackery that he was to go on an important business trip in Washington. Tired and sore from the rough sex they had the night before, Zackery agreed without battering an eyelid. He could not afford to be petulant when it came to Vincent.

So, just 8 hours later, Vincent took off.

Zackery was fine - well, for a few weeks afterwards he was. But when the calendar showed that Vincent had been away for a total of 2 months without contacting him, he grew weary.

He was just paranoid, right? He thought so, but still he asked his boss about Vincent's supposed week long trip to Washington. Baffled and utterly confused, his Boss merely stated that Vincent didn't work there anymore. According to him, Vincent had handed in his leave slip and moved to Washington. Nobody had contact with him.

Zackery was destroyed. He felt abandoned by the one person that he thought he was in love with. Angered, he decided that he needed answers.

The blonde haired man had never been one to anger easily; he was fun and outgoing, but still incredibly shy. So it came as a surprise when he burst into his work place the next morning, demanding a holiday leave before stating that if anybody knew of Vincent's location to tell him instantly. The fact that Vincent just left him gave him a conniption, and he wanted to know anything that might help him find the older male.

He was now, as you'd call it, a man on a mission.

So here he was. Standing outside of a small apartment complex on a well off part of Washington. The building looked like something out of a decor magazine. The windows were freshly cleaned, and lined with matching flowers on what little window sill they had. The brown paint that the building was dressed in seemed freshly coated with a rich colour; it even had that smell of newly opened paint that Vincent hated.

Determined, Zackery shoved the little piece of paper he had with the address on in his coat pocket, the summer air still cold and damp on his pale skin. Shrugging his gym bag higher up on his shoulder he began walking.

On the 3rd floor Zackery found himself stood in front of a plain brown door, the number 5 nailed into it. Taking a delicate hand, he raised it to knock on the door. Once. Twice. No answer. It was then that he thought nobody was in, but as he set to leave, albeit reluctantly, the door swung open gently. It seemed that somebody hadn't closed it properly.

Zackery was never one to pry on others lives, or was he the type of person to go snooping in random places, but even he had the natural sense of curiosity. Breathing deeply, he pushed the door open some more, the wooden piece making no sound as it gave way to his hand.

Inside was a simple desk, one which Zackery realised looked rather similar to the one Vincent owned and prided as one of valuable art at his home.

His curiosity just went up two notches.

Swallowing rather heavily, Zackery ventured onwards. It was then in that exact moment, as he walked further into the closest room, that the warnings of Cassandra came flooding back.

Vincent was indeed a vulgar man.

A simple couch lay to one side of the room he had walked into, its colour that of a deep amethyst. But it was not the colour of the couch that had his green eyes locked onto it. No, it was the people on the couch that made him unable to look away.

A bulky figure lent over a smaller, yet still muscular man. Vincent had his left leg hooked beneath that of the slighter mans thighs, and his hands had begun to unbutton the fly of said man's tight trousers. Zeckery had never seen the other man before; he had dark purple hair that hung low in finite curls, his lush lips parting in a 'O' as Vincent licked along his jawline.

Zackery couldn't bear to watch any longer. He wanted to forget it, pretend like it was just a bad nightmare and he would wake soon. The rumours and warnings that he received played on inside his head, the mantra making the situation more believable as the seconds ticked by.

He was angered that his supposed boyfriend had left him. He was angry that he heard nothing from the man, even a small apology. And he was definitely angered that he had just been found cheating on him. Good god was Zackery angry; the blind rage he felt was something he had never experienced before.

But what made him really angry - almost to the point where he just wanted to shut himself away and cry at the violent shaking of his body - was the fact the Vincent, that damn bastard, had the nerve to not even notice he was standing right in front of him whilst he happily made out on that damn couch of his!

The blonde coughed in annoyance, the sound fortunately startling the man he was beginning to loathe. Vincent jumped at the sudden noise, his huge body unceremoniously loosing its balance and falling to the floor with a loud 'thud', a swift groan following suit.

"You done?" Zackery asked, his arms crossed and foot tapping against the floor impatiently. He couldn't believe that Vincent didn't notice him!

To be honest, that was all that was making Zackery so angry: the fact that Vincent had no conscience, and he failed to notice that he was there. Fair enough, he had only be standing there for about a minute, but still! It made him feel unimportant!

"Z-Zackery!" Vincent squeaked as soon as he finally noticed the green eyes that were glaring at him.

"Vincent," Zackery dragged, eyes darting towards the confused purple headed man on the couch.

"Who are you?" Said man asked.

Zackery grinned malevolently in return. Geez, he felt like he was turning into some mad physco-path right now. "Me? Oh, nobody. Just, y'know, Zackery Dale, Vincent's boyfriend," he empathised.

The bulky man on the floor chocked on thin air. His usual cocky and confident attitude dissipating at the sight of the confrontation. Who knew Vincent was such a wimp in reality?

Verdant green eyes met with the rich, chocolate brown ones of the mystery stranger, whom seemed to look rather bemused. Seconds late, however, the man rose from his position on the couch, his countenance one of anger and betrayal.

"Your boyfriend? Really, Vincent. You had a fucking boyfriend!" The man was seething, his fists curled into tight fists by his sides, the knuckles turning a pale white as the skin stretched over them.

'This.... this is interesting,' Zackery mused, watching as Vincent stood upright in one, swift motion. The mans eyes - a darker shade to that of the strangers - were closed shut, something Vincent always did as a means to calm and compose himself.

The stranger looked ready to maim some bitches.

"Ah!" Zackery quickly intervened before the man had any time to start and argument, "I never did get your name."

Both men turned to the blonde haired male and stared, rather confused at his outburst. But nevertheless, the stranger replied in kind. "Alex Sharman," he muttered, face blushing slightly at the thought of making a new friend.

They had completely forgotten about the reason they were all here in the first place.

"So... we cool," an annoying voice sounded from behind where Alex and Zackery were looking at each other with new found interest, despite the fact that Alex had just been making out with Zackery's boyfriend.

The world worked in strange ways.

"You!" Alex snarled, turning his head to face Vincent yet again, "Can sit your roguish lil' ass down on that couch and explain to me - no, us - what the hell is going on!"

"The fuck! Who are you to boss me around?" Vincent ground out, his biceps tensing.

Zackery watched on with a raised eyebrow, his new found character curious and anticipating what this... Alex dude was going to do.

Alex had turned around for a second to calm himself, before swerving around to face Vincent so fast that just looking at the movement almost gave Zackery whiplash. Did he not hurt his neck?

"Excuse me?" Alex calmly shot, his voice not matching the ridiculously hot - in Zackery's opinion - death glare that he was giving to Vincent. "You-" he spat, "have been cheating on us both-"

Zackery felt honoured that he included him in this conversation.

"-and you're asking me who I am to boss you about? For fucks sake Vincent, I can fucking kick the shit out of you if you don't want me bossing you a-fucking-bout!"

Vincent glared at Alex. Unsurprisingly, his eyes held no emotion of being sorry or whatever, just seriously pissed off and angry that he has to deal with this shit. That seemed to anger Alex more.

"To hell with this shit!" he cried, grabbing a lamp that Zackery had failed to notice before and throwing it at Vincent's head.

'Well hell,' Zackery thought, both eyebrows practically at the top of his scalp.

Vincent barely dodged the flying decor, his eyes widening when it hit the wall and smashed into multitudinous amounts of pieces.

"Get the fuck out of my apartment!" Alex screamed at Vincent. Zackery inched away from them both, not wanting to be hit by any flying objects if Alex decided to try test how far he could throw again. Nevertheless, Zackery had unconsciously inched closer to Alex, giving him a clear view of everything the man had to offer. Zackery always did like the bad-boy type.

Vincent's voice broke Zackery out of his internal slumber. "You can't do that! I own most of what's in this damn place!"

"Does it look like I give a fuck?" barked Alex, his arms folding over his chest making his muscles bulge bigger. Zackery's eyes certainly bulged at that; the man had some fine arms. Even better than - dare he say - Vincent's, and that was saying something!

"Oh, I'll make you give a fuck." Vincent lunged at Alex. Somehow, this whole shouting thing just took a new direction, and one that wasn't going to be solved easily.

Zackery wasn't sure where his new found character was coming from; maybe it was the anger of being ignored and abandoned by Vincent, the one man he thought he loved? Or maybe, it was because he had always been secretly awesome.

Zackery liked the latter much more.

Taking this sudden rush of courage that he had, the blonde haired man searched the room for something in a desperate attempt to stop this brawl getting out of hand.

"Aha!" he gasped quietly to himself. It was a rather stupid way to break them up, but Zackery knew everything about technical crap, so he wasn't actually going to do any real damage.

...maybe just fry a brain cell or two...

Taking the cables he noticed were sticking out of the broken lamp, Zackery made sure not to touch the end before casually waltzing up to the two men, both of whom were trying to tackle each other, and stuck each end of the cable into any flesh that was showing on the older males. [A/N: I have no idea if this is actually possible or not, but hey, why the hell not? This is fiction!]

The effect was almost immediate.

Alex and Vincent doubled over in shock and pain as the electrical currents raced through their bulky bodies. The sounds of their cursing sounded for only a couple of milliseconds, before both men were out like a light.

"That should keep them quiet for awhile," Vincent smiled, happy with himself for stopping a fight for the first time in his life.

"Now, where does Alex keep the tape?"

The light was blinding the moment Alex and Vincent opened their eyes. Their heads hurt, the pounding in their skulls annoying the hell out of them, and their bodies ached like they just got electric shock of something.

Oh.

Oh.

They did just get an electric shock!

"Fucking bastard!" Vincent snarled, his sudden outburst making Alex start awake. Zackery was casually puttering about the the over-sized kitchen, his coat hung, bag nestled on the table and his blue shirt sleeves rolled up to his elbows. Turning, the blonde smiled at the sight of Vincent struggling in his confinements.

Yes, Zackery had taped both Vincent and Alex up to the kitchen chairs. Nevertheless, even he couldn't decipher how the hell he managed to haul Vincent's fat ass onto a chair and tape him up. "I always knew I was secretly Super Man," the green eyed man sighed.

Before Zackery had any more time to dwell on his hidden identity, the purple haired male from earlier had finally begun to talk. "What the-" he trailed off, hands looking down to the black tape around his body. "Did you electrocute me?"

"It was the only way," Zackery shrugged. Some part of him really wanted to do it again - not to Alex of course, although a sleeping Alex was something he found he really liked. But to Vincent. A small part of him, okay, a big part of him wanted to hurt Vincent for cheating on him, abandoning him and fucking ignoring him! But the other part told him not too; he didn't want to end up in prison if he accidentally electrocuted him for too long and killed the man.

Zackery drowned out the bemused stares from Alex and the colourful curses that Vincent was throwing at him to just think for a moment. Just an hour ago, he had completely baffled himself because he had wanted to kill Vincent, and had come all the way to Washington to find the man. Just an hour ago, he had found Vincent sucking face with another man. Just an hour ago, said man had told him his name as if they weren't in a messed up lust triangle. It was strange, the fact that Zackery didn't actually hold any hateful feelings towards Alex; hell, his hate towards Vincent had died down pretty quickly.

Why was that?

Zackery only had one answer; he couldn't actually give two shits about Vincent now that he thought about it. He wasn't in love with the man anyway. Plus, Zackery knew it wasn't exactly Alex's fault since he didn't know about him. And come on - who could hate Alex when he practically wanted to kill Vincent.

Just the thought made Zackery smile. He wasn't turning into some kind of psychopathic weirdo was he? He sure hoped not, nobody would take him seriously.

"So, you gonna let us out or what?" an annoyed voice broke through Zackery's thinking.

Zackery huffed before glaring at Vincent. "Not until you two talk this out, without making a mess of each other."

Alex's eyes widened at that. "No way in hell am I talking to him! He cheated on me - on you! Don't you just want to punch the living daylights out of him?"

Vincent raised an eyebrow at that, as if to say 'Dude, I'm an innocent man.'

Zackery raised his hands to his head and rubbed his temples. "Yes, I would like to punch him, but if you haven't noticed I'm a bit on the small side. It'd break my hand in two!"

Vincent went to but in, but Zackery held up the tape, warning him that he'd tape up his mouth and ultimately getting Vincent to shut up. "Anyway, I really can't be bothered with him. It's my own fault, I was warned that he was such a dick. But believe me, just because I'm not punching him or shouting at him doesn't mean I've forgiven or forgot. He hurt me, so he's not getting off lightly."

Alex looked pleased with himself. Probably glad that Zackery wasn't just going to forget the whole incident.

"I need a fucking drink," Vincent mumbled, his huge body tugging against the tape.

"You need a new fucking house," Alex retorted, his glare focused on the muscular man.

"The fuck! Why?"

Alex looked like he was going to murder someone. "I've just found out you've got a boyfriend! You don't seriously believe that I'll let you stay here, in my apartment do you?"

'Great, another cat fight,' sighed Zackery.

"Alright ladies! How 'bout we settle it like this; Vincent, you can stay until you get your cheating ass a new place to stay, ASAP, and Alex, you shut your mouth and let me steal your bedroom for awhile. I've got no where to stay up here." Zackery calmly instructed.

Vincent and Alex just sat and gawped at the younger male. And even though Zackery technically had nothing to do with their housing dispute, and didn't even live in the apartment, Alex found himself nodding his head.

"Good," Zackery breathed, slightly impressed that this actually went so well. He turned to Vincent, glaring at him to hurry up with his answer. To be honest, Vincent had never seen Zackery so demanding, so he merely nodded once before 'hmpth'ing and turning his head away like a child.

Zackery sure felt like the parent right now.

Moving swiftly across the white tiled flooring, Zackery cut open the tape around Alex with a small smile. Alex smiled in return before glaring at Vincent and walking out of the apartment in disgust, slamming the door behind him and rocking a lone picture that hung on the wall.

Zackery calmly placed the scissors on the black marbled counter, his eyes flicking across the many utensils that lied on the counter-top.

Feeling relived, Vincent opened his mouth to say something, however stopped short when his nose crunched beneath a fist.

Who the hell said that small people were weak?

Simultaneously, Vincent and Zackery groaned in pain. "Jesus! Whatta'ya punch me for?!" Vincent cried out, his hands unable to shield his bleeding nose with him still taped to the sleek black chair.

"What do you think?" Zackery wheezed in response, shaking his hand at the sharp pain that shot up his arm upon contact. That was the first and last time he ever punched someone. He was right earlier, his fist nearly broke in two!

After being bent over slightly, cradling his hand, Zackery stood straight and walked closer to Vincent. Their noses were almost touching, reminding Zackery of the times when they would kiss - fierce and hot, always full of lust on Vincent's part. He shook his head internally, not wanting to remember such things.

Closing his eyes once, Zackery opened them again only to grab hold of the front of Vincent's shirt. He ignored the blood running down the other mans face. He ignored the dark brownness of Vincents eyes that he used to wake up to. He ignored the ridiculous want to just lean in and kiss the older man. Vincent was, after all, the first person Zackery had thought he loved - he even lost all his first with the damn cheater!

These thoughts suddenly intensified his need to hate on the man before he burst into tears. So, surprising Vincent, he leaned in to snarl into his ears. "Just because I'm not as angry as Alex doesn't mean I'll never forgive and forget the fact that you cheated on me. I said I wouldn't hit you, but I'm sorry, it was too hard to resist, asshole."

With that, Zackery pushed away from Vincent like he was going to catch something if he stayed any longer. Without looking back at the startled man, Zackery made his way to the entrance to the building, grabbing his coat and slamming the door behind him as he left.

Vincent was still taped to the chair.

Outside, the air was still as thick and cold as Zackery remembered it to be.

He had only walked around the corner of the apartment when he found Alex sat on the floor, his back against the brick wall of another apartment block. The purple haired man was crying, Zackery could tell. He had his knees brought up to his chest, and his head bent low to hide him from the world.

For some reason, the sight made Zackery want to cry too.

The pang in his stomach made him want to comfort Alex. And so, with that thought in mind, he sat on the cold pavement to wrap his arms around Alex as best as he could.

Alex stiffened, his body tensing before relaxing again. A huge wave of tears overcame Alex as he felt Zackery's arms around him, the need to talk overwhelming him. "H-he said he loved me," Alex sniffed, unconsciously taking his head out from his legs and burrying it in the crook of Zackery's neck. Alex was taller, so the position made it a bit awkward for Zackery. He didn't mind though, the realisation strange but he brushed it off.

"He's a jackass," Zackery mumbled, his fingers running comfortingly through Alex's hair. It may be dyed, but that thing was much softer than it looked.

Alex laughed suddenly, his head raising to look at Zackery. "I should be the one comforting you while you bawl your eyes out. After all, I'm pretty sure you were with him for longer."

Zackery saw the logic in this, but his next words were spoken in truth. "That makes sense, but in a way, I think I was more confused during our relationship. I had never been in love, and I suppose that I wanted to believe that I was in love with Vincent. Even if it turned out that I wasn't so into him as I thought I was. He was always rough and demanding, and never put me before himself. Jesus, I'm 23 and still haven't fallen in love."

"You will," Alex smiled. He was feeling remotely better with the comfort of Zackery, and without a doubt wanted to somehow comfort him too. "I really am sorry about everything, Zackery. Really."

With a sigh Zackery looked into Alex's eyes. The rich, chocolate colour looked darker than it did earlier, almost black. But as the sun, tired and restless from struggling to fight through the dark clouds in the sky, shone on them both, small flecks of green illuminated the brown in his eyes. Zackery found it absolutely breathtaking.

Almost slapping himself of the strange daze he was in, Zackery nervously flicked his tongue over his lips. "I-it's okay, really," he stuttered, failing to notice the way Alex's eyes unconsciously followed the movement of his tongue. Well, Alex kept telling himself that he did it unconsciously. There was no way he could've done it conscious and willing, right? It hadn't even been a day since he found Vincent had cheated for Christ sake!

The silence that surrounded the two men stretched on for some time. Around them, city life continued as if there weren't two grown adults sat suspiciously close to one another on such a cold evening; people rushed by, countless of them chatting animatedly on their phones, not one bothering to take notice of any other person that surrounded them.

It was too much, one of them had to break the silence with something.

"So-" Alex coughed, standing up and straightening out his crinkled jacket before leaning down to give Zackery a hand up too. On the outside, his casual demeanour somewhat made him look like he wasn't just cuddling the ex-boyfriend of the man that used to be sleeping with him. But on the inside, Alex was freaking out big time.

As he lent to help Zackery up, he couldn't help but wince slightly at the strange tingle that ran up his spine when his skin touched the soft plumpness of his hand. To hell with it, he was just cold.

"About earlier, when you said you wanted to stay in my ap-"

"Ah!" Zackery intervened, his cheeks reddening in embarrassment. He looked down at his shoes, suddenly finding them more interesting. "Just forget that! I was just mad at Vincent. Really, I didn't mean to sound pushy or anything," he finished, voice barely audible. Luckily, Alex had moved close enough that he could hear it.

"Hey, you aren't pushy. Listen, until you get your head sorted you can stay at my place. Plus, I don't think I'll be able to stay around Vincent without somebody there to stop me killing the bastard," Alex said, his breath fanning over the skin of Zackery's face.

Zackery's eyes widened at the closeness of Alex. And again, Alex was freaking out - why and when did he even move so close to him? Did his body just randomly decide to keep doing strange things?

"Uh..." Zackery couldn't even form a coherent sentence. Surely he wasn't so nervous because Alex was so close to him he only had to lean forward and they'd be kis- nope! He was just red because of the cold, shivering because of the cold, and going insane because of the cold. It was definitely not because of Alex.

"T-thanks, I guess. Although I can't promise that I'll stop you from killing Vincent," he laughed, trying to lighten the sudden heavy atmosphere that seemed to encompass the two.

Alex laughed too, his body finally listening to his brain and moving away from Zackery.

"It's only a 2 bed apartment though, and the other room is used as a study. So you'll have to sleep in my room if that's okay."

Zackery's eyes widened, his head shooting up to look at Alex. Alex's eyes widened too from the realisation of what he just said. "On the floor of course!," he quickly explained, not wanting to creep Zackery out.

Zackery should've been relieved at that, really, but he couldn't deny the sinking feeling of disappointment at that fact that he'd be sleeping on the floor. "What about Vincent?," he asked, not wanting to really think anymore.

Alex grimaced. "He'll be sleeping on the couch."

And with that, the two men stood in a comfortable silence for a few minutes. Only when it got colder did they finally decide to go back to the apartment room, where Vincent still sat taped to a kitchen chair.

They couldn't really decide whether they were over the cheating incident of not. Maybe, just for a little while, the men could exact their revenge in a way that pleased them both.

______________________________________________________________________________

~END~

Guys, I'm sorry for the long wait! And as you can see, this has been split into two parts. Why you ask? Well, it's simply because I couldn't write the rest. But, seeing how I'm such a bad updater and disappear for months all the time, I really wanted to post something. Seriously, it's been over 6 months I think since I took this request, I can't quite remember. It's been forever since I took other requests that I still haven't finished. So, as usual, I am sorry. However since it's the holiday's now and I only have 3 essays to write up, I think I'll be able to put more time aside to work on everyone's one-shots.

Please, be patient (I know, it's annoying), and hopefully the next part of this will be uploaded in the next 2 weeks, since I already have the basis planned, I just can't write the damn thing.

As always, thank you all, and I hope you don't want to come kill me right now :D

~Until Next Time~