Chapter 4

Michael opens his eyes, noticing he's not dead yet. He slowly gets up then quickly changes, then pulls the zipper, opening his tent. He then stares over at Ray, already up cooking something.

"Breakfast?" Ray asks.

"What is that? It looks like something I dropped in the toilet yesterday".

"It's called a pancake, ever tried one?" Ray turns the pancakes over with the spachula.

Michael zips his tent back up, going over to the firepit, apparently another fire has been started as noice is heard then Mandy and Harry gets out of their tent," what's that horrible smell?" Harry asks.

"It's called human food, basically all humans eat it. If you don't want any I'm sure there's plenty of grass around here you can eat" Jay then gets out a few paper plates, putting the pancakes on them.

"Where's Isabell?" Mandy asks looking around.

"She went for a walk" Jay responds, giving one of the plates to Mandy," better eat your food before it eats you".

"What's that suppose to mean?" Mandy asks, confused as she grabs her plate.

Harry then bends down, and starts puking right next to the wooden bench," I should never drink that much again"

"Hey, don't do that near the food, idiot" Jay takes some syrup and goes over to the other side of the bench and starts eating. 

"It's okay" Mandy pats his back," just bring it all out" she tries to cover her nose as she goes back into their tent and gets something.

Michael heads down the trail, without anyone noticing, bringing his camera along aswell. He takes a quick picture of the lake again, then checks the picture on his camera, but sees nothing strange on that one.

"What are you doing here?" a voice says, near him.

Michael quickly turns around, staring at an old man with gray hair and beard staring at him, "I could ask you the same thing, I thought this place was like, abandonded?"

"It's far from abandoned young man. You and your friends shouldn't be here".

"Who are YOU? And what are YOU doing here? Are you stalking us?" Michael lowers his camera, still shocked to see anyone else out in these woods.

"My name's, Manny. But names don't really matter right now."

"Was that your place? That cabin?" Michael points down the trail, wondering.

Manny stares at what he's pointing at, he turns back to the young man," no, that's THEIR'S. I have to go now, leave now before it's too late".

Michael hears what he says," Who's 'their'? Is there something else here that we don't know about?" Michael quickly goes to his camera, then goes to the first picture of them, with the thing in the background," what is THIS?" He shows the picture to the old man, hoping to get some answers.

Manny takes a look at it,"  it's something dangerous, go now before it's too late". Manny quickly goes into the woods, disappearing behind some trees.

Michael yells after him," HEY, what do you mean?"

All of a sudden something touches his shoulder from beind, a chill running up his spine as he jumps and quickly turns around, and just spots Isabell," hey, who were you talking too?"

"Please, don't sneak up on me like that again" Michael stares at the trees the old man disappeared behind," some old geezer that lives here I guess" He then takes out the picture of the thing in the background," do you see THAT?" He points at the furry thing in the background.

"Yeah, the.........wait, what is that?" Isabell asks, becoming worried," is that a monkey?"

"Monkeys aren't that big, do you believe in the Bigfoot phenomenon?"

Isabell's eyes go wide, in shock as she answers," you think that's bigfoot? Does the others know about this?"

"No, you know Jay. He'd think it's just a glitch or something in the picture, and I don't want to freak Mandy and Harry out. This is just between me and you".

"Maybe it's nothing, maybe......" Isabell gets cut off.

"Here's another" Michael goes back to the picture with Harry in front of the lake, with something swimming towards him in the picture.

"Oh my god, what is that? It looks like it's swimming towards us" Isabell then quickly looks around, feeling uncomfortable," I think we should leave".

"Jay wanted a weekend vacation, guess he didn't know others wanted in." Michael turns to her," we leave tomorrow, and whatever these things are, haven't bothered us just yet."

"Not yet, what are they? What do they want?" 

"I don't know" Michael then takes a quick picture of her," but you look cute when you are scared".

Isabell smirks, then says," I'm serious".

"So am I" Michael looks at the picture, and sees nothing strange about it.

They head back to the camp, Michael having more information about the weird things in his pictures and now knows they are not alone. He holds his camera around his neck, knowing the information he has in it could get them killed. He then has a weird feeling that something is staring at him and Isabell, from beind but he doesn't dare look behind him, afraid of what he will see.